TriMet will not cover O&M costs of MAX in Washington state.Read more
- Washington gas prices continue to spike as state readies for carbon auctionsWhile fuel prices have been rising slightly when looking at the national average, citizens of the Evergreen State are still firmly on the expensive end of the market nationwide.
- Transportation commission wants all Washington roads to be toll roadsIn a report submitted to Gov. Jay Inslee and the Washington Legislature, the Washington State Transportation Commission proposed a new tax scheme to replace falling fuel tax revenues.
- Washington Department of Transportation faces $600M projected shortfallResidents of Washington already pay the third highest fuel excise taxes in the nation at 49.4 cents per gallon.
- Washington gas prices reverse course after 13-week declineAfter more than thirteen straight weeks of price declines, Washington fuel prices increased this week.
- Transportation Commission to hear I-5 bridge, tolling technology and airport study updatesThe upcoming Jan. 18 and 19 meeting of the Washington State Transportation Commission will cover several topics including the Interstate 5 bridge replacement project, emerging tolling technologies and possible expansion of commercial aviation in the state.