Opinion: New taxes required for $1.3 billion light rail extension to Vancouver
TriMet will not cover O&M costs of MAX in Washington state.Read more
- Recreation sites and viewpoints remain open on State Route 504 to Milepost 43Recreational sites remain open for exploration at Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument, with some trailheads and areas affected by the recent debris flow, while efforts are underway to assess the damage and explore alternative options for visitors.
- Fuel prices increase ahead of Memorial Day weekend, up 76 cents this yearWashington experiences its 16th consecutive week of rising fuel prices, reaching $4.60 per gallon, fueled by the implementation of a new carbon tax, making it the fourth most expensive state for gasoline in the U.S.
- Opinion: I-5 Bridge replacement is not a solution for anythingJohn Charles believes the Interstate Bridge should be left alone for now and ODOT should be directed to start planning for two new bridges.
- Communities invited to Interstate Bridge Replacement neighborhood forums in Vancouver and PortlandThe bi-state Interstate Bridge Replacement program will hold in-person neighborhood forums in Vancouver and Portland, allowing community members to ask questions and obtain information about the program’s schedule, design options, and community engagement opportunities.
- 5-1-1 travel information phone number will be deactivated May 19WSDOT to deactivate 5-1-1 travel information phone number due to declining call volumes, high costs, and the availability of alternative technology.
MOST of the LIGHTRAIL Projects in Portland were NOT approved by the voters, the North Portland Route was voted down 2 or 3 times by Oregonians! THEY did not want to be burdened with more taxes either!
BUT funny thing
it got built anyway! I investigated at the time, by calling KGW Local News. I asked them WHO was paying for it. They answered THE PRIVATE SECTOR ! Ah hahhhh maybe we would do well to know just who they are and who they work for? !!!
EVERYONE is struggling now just trying to put food on the table! We have little concern for one more project put on the back of citizens ! Oregon waisted $9 Million of government $$$ The last time they were given money several years ago, for this into WA State Light Rail, and ended up having to return what they didnt spend back then! WHAT happened to that $9 Million ? WHAT A SAD JOKE these money vacuum politicians are!