TriMet will not cover O&M costs of MAX in Washington state.Read more
- Bridge clearance issues prove troubling to Columbia River maritime communityCarnival Panorama faces clearance issues under Columbia River bridges, highlighting the clash between the US Coast Guard’s demand for 178 feet clearance and the Interstate Bridge Replacement team’s proposal for 116 feet, with simulations revealing challenges for maritime traffic during construction.
- Rainfall causing several closures around Clark CountyRecent rainfall has led to several closure decisions by Clark County Public Works that will impact area residents and travelers.
- SR 503 Spur approaching Cougar closed due to rain-triggered slideDue to earth movement beneath the highway caused by heavy rainfall, both directions of the State Route 503 Spur leading to Cougar at milepost 35.7 will remain closed until further notice.
- Tunnel model for Interstate crossing exposes more IBR flawsRetired engineers Wallis and Rowe challenge the $7.5-billion Interstate Bridge Replacement (IBR) proposal, presenting an immersed tube tunnel model that offers superior connectivity and safety, contradicting the IBR team’s claims at a recent open house in Vancouver.
- Amtrak Cascades adds two more daily round trips starting Dec. 11Just in time for the holidays, WSDOT and ODOT are starting two additional Amtrak Cascades daily roundtrips between Seattle and Portland.