‘A horrible injustice in itself’
WND News Center
A problem that already has become so severe in America’s health care industry that a physicians’ group has launched a campaign demanding that Congress intervene has flared again.
This time it is affecting the life of a 14-year-old girl who needs a lifesaving kidney transplant – but has been refused medical care by Duke University Hospital because she is unvaccinated.
The AAPS is demanding that transplant centers be legally prohibited from “treating an individual as ineligible to donate or receive an organ” or assign “a lower priority to an individual waiting to receive an organ” if that individual has declined to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
Rep. Ben Cline, R-Va., said his proposal to do just that is in response to “several reports from across the United States of individuals being removed from the organ transplant list or moved to ‘inactive’ status as a result of being unvaccinated.”
It is the Gateway Pundit that has reported on the most recent travesty, involving Yulia Hicks, 14.
She was adopted by North Carolina Army Veterans Chrissy and Lee Hicks in 2021 after being brought from Ukraine to the United States in December 2018. But she has a genetic kidney condition and now Emily Grace, who has created a fundraising campaign to help with the costs, confirmed the hospital’s refusal to even treat her.
“Duke University Hospital REFUSED to conduct Yulia’s kidney transplant surgery because she is not vaccinated. A horrible injustice in itself, now the Hicks family must pay for out-of-state travel and lodging expenses for not only Yulia and her mother but also her potential donor! The transplant process is not easy nor quick. Between the numerous pre-surgery tests, the procedure itself, recovery, and the years of regular appointments, the whole endeavor is now financially IMPOSSIBLE for the large Hicks family,” Grace said.
Chrissy Hicks, on social media, confirmed.
“Today we were told that Yulia cannot have a transplant at Duke even if we have a live donor for her because of our refusal of the HPV and Covid vaccines. The HPV is new, we just learned of it yesterday. So here we sit contemplating our next steps.”
She continued, “Today we are sad. Tomorrow is a new day, and God is there with an answer for us.”
Previous cases have been so numerous some don’t even make headlines any more.
But WND reported over the summer when a judge in Alberta, Canada, ruled that a woman did not have her rights violated when she was denied an organ transplant due to not being vaccinated against the Wuhan coronavirus.
Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Paul Belzil ruled that Edmonton, Alberta woman Annette Lewis had not had her fundamental character of Rights and Freedoms rights violated by being denied an organ transplant over her vaccination status.
“But since he has not been vaccinated against COVID-19, he has been removed from the transplant list at a Boston hospital,” a report said.
Back in the U.S., officials at health organizations in the leftist state of Colorado took an especially harsh course.
Just days earlier, another Colorado woman, Leilani Lutali, despite having stage 5 kidney disease, found out her hospital won’t approve her kidney transplant surgery until she’s gotten the COVID-19 vaccine.
- WATCH: Pfizer exec on hidden camera: We’re exploring mutating COVID ourselvesTo ‘preemptively develop new vaccines’ will be ‘a cash cow for us,’ reveals latest Project Veritas undercover sting.
- Historic ruling: District Court judge blocks doctors’ censorship law in CaliforniaThe judge found that the ‘plaintiffs have established a likelihood of success on the grounds of their Fourteenth Amendment vagueness challenges.’
- Despite mountain of damning evidence, FDA pushes annual COVID boostersThe FDA is now recommending Americans take annual COVID booster vaccines much like the flu shots that are made available every year, but selling that plan to a skeptical public will be increasingly difficult as doubts about the booster shots grow.
- Top heart doc: COVID vaccines to blame for sudden deaths of young athletesPeter McCullough, M.D.: ‘The COVID-19 vaccines should have been pulled from the market … for excessive mortality.’
- CDC regularly called the shots on Facebook’s COVID censorship decisionsWND News Center, The Daily News Caller Foundation, Facebook, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine, social media, COVID censorship, Vancouver, Clark County
- Key scientist sounds alarm: Withdraw COVID shots ‘immediately’A key scientist in the United Kingdom, Dr. Richard Ennos, has written a column at Summit.News calling for the COVID-19 shots to be withdrawn “immediately.”
- Not just misinformation: In emails to White House, Facebook admits suppressing ‘often-true’ contentFacebook told an official at the Biden White House that the Big Tech company not only suppressed misinformation but took action against the “virality” of “often-true content” regarding the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Biden’s federal contractor vaccine mandate loses in court againThe 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals agreed with a lower court ruling that imposed a preliminary injunction on the proposed mandate that would have also required millions of Americans to wear face masks at work.