Rep. Tarra Simmons contends that the 13th amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which outlawed slavery, excluded inmates and that allowed states to continue ‘exploiting’ pe...Read more
- Importance of open government laws on display with shocking storiesJason Mercier of the Mountain States Policy Center discusses two recent stories that illustrate the lengths that some public officials will go to evade public accountability.
- POLL: Should voters be given the opportunity to decide a proposed repeal of provisions of the 2021 Washington Climate Commitment Act?Should voters be given the opportunity to decide a proposed repeal of provisions of the 2021 Washington Climate Commitment Act?
- Opinion: Three keys to making sure regulations don’t suffocate citizens and the economyChris Cargill of the Mountain States Policy Center explains that whether they are at the local, state or federal level, all laws and regulations have a cost.
- Opinion: 2024 – A year for political actionNancy Churchill points out that everyday Washingtonians are experiencing runaway inflation coupled with rapidly rising taxes.
- Opinion: Study shows bias in Washington State Supreme Court donations and decisionsChris Corry of the Washington Policy Center says the results of the recent study are not surprising because a statewide vote elects the Washington State Supreme Court.