Camas resident Richard MacMinn shares his reasons for supporting Marie Gluesenkamp Perez
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
Two quite different candidates want to represent the 3rd district in Congress, Marie Perez and Joe Kent.
First, I thank Joe Kent for his military service. I also served and took the same oath to support and defend the U.S. Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I still believe the oath and believe that it is inconsistent with the big lie.
The case for fraud in the last Presidential election has repeatedly been lost in the courts. Generally, those who believe the big lie support the January 6th insurrection, which is inconsistent with our oath to support and defend.
I want the next representative from the 3rd District to take the oath of office and make me believe it. Second, that person is Marie Perez.
- POLL: Is enough done to deter voter fraud in Clark County?Is enough done to deter voter fraud in Clark County?
- Opinion: Proposed bill would cut funding to schools that do not adopt controversial state-imposed curriculumLiv Finne of the Washington Policy Center believes one of the main reasons polls show a loss of faith in so many of our public institutions is the decline in the quality of public education and the trend of parents pulling their children out of the system.
- Opinion: Proposed House budget promises $200 checks, but only if voters keep the CO2 taxTodd Myers of the Washington Policy Center points out that the payments are the only budget item using CO2 tax revenue that must be spent this year in the Senate proposal.
- Opinion: The Censorship Industry and the death of free speechNancy Churchill believes a Republican-led Washington State Legislature is our only chance of opening an investigation into the UW contribution to the death of free speech.
- Opinion: How will the new Ridgefield School District superintendent influence capital needs?Ridgefield resident Heidi Pozzo asks how the hiring of a new Ridgefield School District superintendent will impact the district’s capital plans.