During these closures, travelers should expect delays or find alternate routes
The northbound span of the Interstate Bridge will see closures on two nights this weekend for maintenance.
Here are details.
- From 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 26 to 7 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 27, the left and middle lanes of the northbound span will close for deck patching and paving of Interstate 5 immediately north of the bridge.
- From 11 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 27 to 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 28, all lanes of the northbound span will be closed for deck patching and drawbridge maintenance. The northbound on-ramp from Jantzen Beach will also be closed.
During these closures, travelers should expect delays or find alternate routes.
The Interstate Bridge is jointly owned by Oregon and Washington and is maintained by ODOT. The two states share the maintenance costs. The northbound span opened in 1917, the southbound span in 1958.
Information provided by the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Washington Supreme Court upholds constitutionality of capital gains taxThe Washington State Supreme Court has upheld the constitutionality of the state’s capital gains tax. The court released its 7-2 ruling on Friday morning.
- Sen. Lynda Wilson has warning for taxpayers after Supreme Court backs capital-gains income taxSen. Lynda Wilson of Vancouver, budget leader for Senate Republicans, offered this reaction to the state Supreme Court’s ruling today that the tax on capital-gains income adopted by Democratic legislators in 2021 is constitutional.
- Local photographer captures Northern LightsVancouver’s Heather Tianen drove for two hours to find clear skies in hopes of seeing the Northern Lights last night, and she captured some incredible images.
- Arrest made, public assistance still requested regarding October 2022 fatality collisionThe Clark County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating a fatal collision that claimed the life of a Vancouver man last fall. Vancouver resident Gregory Bailey, 59, was arrested Thursday and charged with one count of Vehicular Homicide.
- Council Chair Karen Bowerman to deliver virtual State of the County AddressClark County Council Chair Karen Dill Bowerman will present the 2023 State of the County address in a video to be released on Tue., April 4.
- Councilor Michelle Belkot to hold first town hall for District 2 with Sheriff John HorchCrime has been in the news often in Hazel Dell and other District 2 areas of Clark County and Councilor Michelle Belkot is inviting area citizens to attend her first town hall to talk about it.
- POLL: Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?Do you agree with a Seattle lawmaker that police pursuit reform legislation is based on a ‘massive misinformation campaign?