Missouri Republican Attorney General Eric Schmitt and Louisiana Republican Attorney General Jeff Landry, distributed news releases Tuesday stating they would ‘get answers’
The Center Square
The day before Dr. Anthony Fauci will be deposed by two attorneys general in a lawsuit alleging government collusion with social media companies, he defended and promoted his communications strategy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The way you counter misinformation and disinformation is to do whatever you can, as often as you can, to provide correct information,” said Fauci, the chief medical advisor to President Joe Biden and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. He addressed reporters Tuesday at the White House during what could have been his last briefing before retiring from his position in January.
Missouri Republican Attorney General Eric Schmitt, who was elected in early November to replace retiring Republican U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt, and Louisiana Republican Attorney General Jeff Landry, distributed news releases Tuesday stating they would “get answers” when questioning Fauci. Missouri Republican Gov. Mike Parson is scheduled to announce Schmitt’s replacement on Wednesday.
In May, Schmitt and Landry filed an 86-page lawsuit alleging Fauci and seven other high-ranking members of the Biden administration colluded with and/or coerced social media companies Meta, Twitter and YouTube to suppress “disfavored speakers, viewpoints, and content on social media platforms.”
“Since we filed our landmark lawsuit, we have uncovered documents and discovery that show clear coordination between the Biden Administration and social media companies on censoring speech, but we’re not done yet,” Schmitt said in a statement. “We plan to get answers on behalf of the American people. Stay tuned.”
Fauci said the administration’s strategy was necessary when considering the amount of communication challenging the government’s scientific findings.
“People who have correct information, who take science seriously, who don’t have strange, way-out theories about things, but who base what they say on evidence and data, need to speak up more,” Fauci said. “Because the other side that just keeps putting out misinformation and disinformation seems to be tireless in that effort and it’s going to be very difficult.”
Subpoenaed information in the lawsuit includes any communications to any social media platform relating to the “Great Barrington Declaration,” a letter published in October 2020. The letter was published in response to COVID-19 policies recommending “focused protection,” an approach to reaching herd immunity by allowing those at minimal risk of death to live normal lives by building up immunity through natural infection while protecting those at highest risk.
“We all deserve to know how involved Dr. Fauci was in the censorship of the American people during the COVID pandemic; tomorrow, I hope to find out,” Landry said in a statement. “And I will continue fighting for the truth as it relates to Big Government colluding with Big Tech to stifle free speech.”
During his Senate campaign, Schmitt alerted Fauci through social media he would be spending his early retirement in front of congressional hearings.
“If there are oversight hearings, I absolutely will cooperate fully and testify before the Congress if asked,” Fauci said. “You may not know, but I’ve testified before the Congress a few hundred times over the last 40 years or so. So I have no trouble testifying. We can defend and explain and stand by everything that we’ve said. So I have nothing to hide.”
This story was first published by The Center Square.
- Judges told Twitter was enforcing ‘Biden administration policy’ in censoring COVID dataJudges on the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals are being told that Twitter – back in the day before it was turned over to new owner Elon Musk – actually was “enforcing the Biden administration’s policy” when it censored information about COVID-19.
- U.S. doctors group: Withdraw COVID shots from market now!‘Regulatory agencies are corrupted by conflicts of interest, lack of transparency, lack of accountability’
- Fauci, others suppressed Brit recommendation to use ivermectin against COVIDConclusion called for ‘immediate’ approval for use.
- RFK Jr.: Fauci developed ‘bioweapons’ for Pentagon for years!RFK Jr.: Fauci developed ‘bioweapons’ for Pentagon for years! Moved projects to Wuhan when Obama called moratorium based on threats.
- Opinion: Funding intensive tutoring is the best way to help students recover from COVID lockdown learning lossLiv Finne of the Washington Policy Center believes students should not have to suffer long-term learning loss because of Governor Inslee’s ‘insensitive’ decision to close schools for so long.
- Opinion: Coming to a hospital near you? A solution for patient access, caregiversElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes being able to hire qualified nurses licensed in other states to get to work immediately should be a welcome allowance.
- Congressman accuses Biden of purging conservatives from militaryA member of Congress has accused Joe Biden of having an ulterior motive for his Department of Defense agenda to continue attacking those military members who declined to take the COVID-19 shots.
- ‘Scared for my life’: O’Keefe reveals courageous Pfizer whistleblowerThe industry insider who was key to undercover videos by James O’Keefe that exposed a Pfizer company executive claiming his organization was mutating COVID-19 in order to sell more shots says that “fear” is what is being used to control people.
Anthony Fauci has spent decades dancing around the truth while enriching himself as he has put millions of people in danger, causing the death of millions world wide all while in “The Name of Science”. He needs to be held accountable and not allowed to skate off in the sunset of retirement. 😬😬😬
Fauci says that people with the opinion that he holds “need to speak up more”. I have no problem with that. The issue here is censoring dissenting opinions, many of them in his own field of expertise or who are more credentialed in this area. He and his fellows have a right to speak but they do NOT have the right to collude with BIG SOCIAL to stomp on every other’s opinion or by using algorithms to “creep” on them. A free society cannot allow their government to squash speech.
And most importantly is people should be asking… why? No matter what side of aisle you hang out on, when there is censoring going on.. your critical thinking skills should kick into high gear and ask why. Why can’t other thoughts be heard? Why can’t other sides say.. do masks work? This seems odd? Why why why? Most scientists become scientists because of the curiosity of why?
Here a recent update on Fauci, who seems to have amnesia! Is this part of his playbook, or a side effect of drugs (statin, etc), or selective forgetfulness?
“Wow! Fauci ‘Can’t Recall Practically Anything’ in 7-Hour Deposition”
Another interesting one is:
“Pfizer CEO Found Guilty of ‘Misleading’ Vaccine Statements“https://default.salsalabs.org/Tbbe9c9c3-ab3c-4c6b-9eff-16cbe7146c76/1f3f68f1-1e32-4c05-aaa5-2940af3c4f91
The tide is turning. More people are seeing through the lies, manipulation, and deliberate destruction of our rights. Keep it going!