County Council July 19 work session available on county website
VANCOUVER – Clark County is seeking public input on a draft Vancouver Lake Management Plan (VLMP). The goal of the plan is to restore and maintain the health of Vancouver Lake.
After receiving public comment during a July 19, county council work session, the county has extended the deadline for public comment to Wednesday, Aug. 2.
The draft plan and instructions on providing comments are on the county’s website at https://clark.wa.gov/councilors/vancouver-lake-management-plan-project. The website also has background information including a link to webinar materials which provide a high-level overview of the project.
Public comments received by 5 p.m. Aug. 2 will be reviewed and included in an appendix to the final VLMP.
A recording of the Clark County Council July 19 public work session on the draft plan is available on the county website at https://clark.wa.gov/councilors/clark-county-council-meetings.
Clark County hired Herrera Environmental Consultants to develop an adaptive Vancouver Lake Management Plan for immediate action to manage harmful algae blooms and aquatic noxious weeds. The draft adaptive plan also provides a structure for future decisions and actions to address other lake issues.
Information provided by Clark Co. WA Communications.
- CCSO provides additional information on Sunday’s murder-suicideThe Clark County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit continues its investigation of Sunday’s murder-suicide in Orchards that led to the deaths of five family members.
- Washington public college enrollment lowest since 2014Washington state’s public universities are at their lowest combined levels of enrollment since 2014, according to state data.
- Journey Theater presents The Wizard of OzThe story of Dorothy traveling to the Land of Oz will be told by Journey Theater’s performance of the Wizard of Oz, with six shows, starting with opening night on Friday, Dec. 8.
- Re-Imagined Radio celebrates the holidays with live and broadcast episodesIt’s Vancouver’s own Christmas classic: “A Radio Christmas Carol,” offered by Re-Imagined Radio every year since 2013.
- Opinion: A taxpayer receipt would help provide a snapshot of government spendingJason Mercier of the Mountain States Policy Center discusses the concept of providing an itemized receipt for taxpayers about their tax dollars and it relates to government.
- iQ Credit Union celebrates the opening of its newly relocated Salmon Creek branchiQ Credit Union, a member-owned, modern-day financial institution based in the Pacific Northwest, announced the opening of its relocated Salmon Creek branch.
- Welfare check leads to discovery of apparent murder-suicide in OrchardsTragic murder-suicide in Orchards: Five family members found dead, including the suspect, in a residence on NE 93rd Street; Clark County Sheriff’s Office investigating.