
The county is working to determine the nature and scope of any potentially impacted data
VANCOUVER – Clark County last month detected suspicious activity on the county network. The county, with the assistance of third-party specialists, immediately launched an investigation into the nature and scope of the activity. The investigation determined that the suspicious activity was the result of a sophisticated cyberattack. The county is working to determine the nature and scope of any potentially impacted data.
Clark County worked diligently to securely restore the functionality of its network. At this time, the county website has been restored and the network is secure. FAQs on the incident can be found on the county’s website.
“Clark County takes the security of our network and data very seriously,” said County Manager Kathleen Otto. “As soon as we discovered the suspicious activity, we took steps to confirm the security of the county network and launched an investigation.”
Clark County also engaged cybersecurity specialists to assist with the remediation, containment, and investigation of the event.
This is the most updated information available. Clark County will provide more information to the public as it becomes available.
Also read:
- Opinion: Were Republican voters just sleeping during the August primary election?CCRP Chairman Matt Bumala says 60% of primary no-shows in the 17th and 18th districts were Republicans.
- High school football: New coach prepares for long-term success at Prairie High SchoolJames Young-Lewis, a Clark County native who graduated from Evergreen in 2009, became Prairie’s head coach in May after working as an assistant coach across various programs since 2015, joining Prairie’s staff in 2024.
- Cost to battle 20 wildfires in WA has topped $200MTwenty wildfires have cost Washington $207M in one month, more than two-thirds of what DNR spent all last fiscal year.
- Opinion: WA Cares’ launch showcased care WA Cares did not provideGov. Ferguson showcased a caregiving arrangement at the WA Cares launch that the program had not paid for a single day of.
- Former State Rep. Liz Pike provides update on husband Neil CahoonNeil Cahoon, a Camas resident, has undergone multiple surgeries including five on Aug. 15 after the Aug. 10 crash near La Center’s Daybreak Airport.
- Opinion: Portland’s War on Cars Part 4 – A smarter automobile strategy to end gridlockO’Toole argues fuel wasted in Portland-area congestion has sextupled since 1982, generating 250,000 tons of extra greenhouse gases annually.
- $1,000 first prize for Camas Plein Air Art Event honoring Marquita Call on Sept. 26Plein air artists compete Sept. 26 in Camas for $1,000 first prize honoring gallery founder Marquita Call.








