Daniel Cox has been named acting president/CEO, replacing Kevin J. Lycklama who was terminated without cause
VANCOUVER – Riverview Bancorp, Inc. has announced that on Aug. 4, 2023, the Board of Directors of Riverview Bank and Riverview Bancorp, Inc., voted to terminate, without cause, the employment of Kevin J. Lycklama. The termination of employment is effective Sept. 6, 2023.
Daniel Cox has been named acting president/CEO. For the past 21 years, Cox has worked for Riverview Bank. His expertise is in finance and credit administration. He currently is executive vice president and chief credit officer. He leads the bank’s commercial credit and collection policies, procedures and processes. And, he works closely with investor relations.
Cox graduated Summa Cum Laude from Washington State University Vancouver with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with a major emphasis in Finance. He is an Honor Roll alum of the Pacific Coast Banking School.
Along with Daniel Cox, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer David Lam remains a critical member of the Senior Leadership team. He joined Riverview in 2008 as controller and was promoted to his current position in 2017. Lam leads accounting, SEC reporting and treasury functions for the bank and the company. Prior to joining Riverview, he spent 10 years working in the public accounting sector advancing to the level of audit manager.
Lam holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting from Oregon State University. Lam is a CPA, holds a chartered global management accountant designation and is a member of both the American Institute of CPAs and Oregon Society of CPAs.
Pat Sheaffer, former CEO and board chair, joined the bank in 1963 and was promoted to chief executive officer in 1976; a position he held until 2018. Sheaffer has served on the Board of Directors since 1979 and as chairman from 1993 until 2020. During his tenure, Riverview Bank grew from just two branches to 17 branches and three lending centers in Washington and Oregon. Sheaffer serves on the Riverview Trust Company Board.
Riverview remains a regional banking option for clients looking for local leadership and commitment to community.
About the company
Riverview Bancorp, Inc. (www.riverviewbank.com) is headquartered in Vancouver. With assets of $1.58 billion on June 30, 2023, it is the parent company of the 100-year-old Riverview Bank, as well as Riverview Trust Company. The bank offers true community banking services, focusing on providing the highest-quality service and financial products to commercial and retail clients through 17 branches, including 13 in the Portland-Vancouver area, and three lending centers.
- Vancouver Clinic nationally recognized for its commitment to improve cardiovascular healthVancouver Clinic has received eleven American Heart Association outpatient program achievement awards in recognition for its commitment to reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke by improving blood pressure management.
- New executive director to join Columbia Ridge Senior LivingBobbi Bjork will join Columbia Ridge Senior Living as its new executive director, effective Oct 23.
- Area real estate professional assesses the opportunities during the ‘slow months’Cano Real Estate Broker Destiney Evans anticipates how the Clark County real estate market will perform in the months of October, November, December and January.
- Riverview Bancorp announces executive management promotionsRiverview Bancorp, Inc. announced that, as part of its multi-step leadership succession planning process, a number of senior managers have been promoted at Riverview Bank and Bancorp.
- Back to School 101: FinancesUmpqua Bank Regional Manager Heather Seppa offers advice for managing back-to-school expenses, tips for budgeting and savings to ease the financial load on families
- Building Excellence Awards announced by BIA of Clark CountyThe Building Industry Association of Clark County announced its honors for the Building Excellence Awards at a banquet Thursday night at the Heathman Lodge.
- Columbia Credit Union hires Lindsey Salvestrin as president & CEOLindsey Salvestrin appointed as the new president and CEO of Columbia Credit Union, leading with a commitment to diversity, community engagement, and innovative financial wellness initiatives.