Activities include the opportunity to help solve a murder mystery
CAMAS — Who stole the snickerdoodles and where did they take them? January Camas First Friday participants will solve this mystery at “CLUE in Downtown Camas!” on Fri., Jan. 3 from 5-8 p.m. Activities include:
- Find fun clues in participating merchants to solve the “Case of the Missing Snickerdoodles” and earn tickets to enter to win prizes.
- Get a free snickerdoodle cookie sponsored by downtown bakery Cake Happy, if you solve the mystery.
- 5 lucky people throughout the evening will get a “Secret Passage” card to go straight to Cake Happy for a free extra special treat.
- Meet the featured artists and enjoy refreshments at the art shows and receptions at downtown art galleries:
- Dress up as any of the CLUE game suspects (Colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlet, Mr. Green, Lady Lavender, Mrs. Peacock, Mrs. White, Professor Plum, Dr. Orchid, etc) and get 5 extra tickets to win.
- Take a selfie with CLUE characters throughout town and enter to win for each that you find!
- Kids’ winter crafts and Lego activities at the DCA tables in Journey Church, 304 NE 4th.
- Shopping specials throughout town; earn extra tickets to win for every $10 spent in downtown.
Participation and activity lists can be picked up at the DCA tables in Journey Church starting at 5pm that night.
Artists who want to participate in February’s Little Art Camas 2020 can also pick up art panels this evening at the DCA tables in Journey from 5-8 p.m. Little Art Camas is a 2-day community exhibition of original small-scale artworks created by local artists. All ages and skill levels welcome. All artists will create art on 3 “little” panels and these will be showcased at the exhibit on Feb. 21 and 22. All art will be for sale for $20 and all sales benefit downtown public art efforts. This event celebrates local art, providing artists a place to showcase their creativity and making art accessible to all. For all the information on Little Art Camas: https://downtowncamas.com/event/littleartcamas
“This First Friday is a hoot! People love solving the mystery and it is fun to see so many people dress up as one of the CLUE characters!” says Carrie Schulstad, executive director of the Downtown Camas Association (DCA). “The challenge of deciphering the clues and finding out “whodunit” is enjoyed by all ages. This year you can also earn tickets to win by taking selfies with CLUE characters around town. We thank Cake Happy for sponsoring the free snickerdoodles which is the reward for solving the mystery!”
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and bring the community together. For all the information, visit https://downtowncamas.com/event/cluefirstfriday and www.facebook.com/camasfirstfriday .
Information provided by Downtown Camas Association.