The first tour in a summer of historical adventuring scheduled for June 1
VANCOUVER — The Clark County Historical Museum’s History Walking Tours, a popular annual series that brings participants to some of the most fascinating neighborhoods and city centers, are set to begin Fri., June 1, with a trip to Vancouver’s Officers Row.
“Summertime is the right time to wander through and learn the stories of people who have lived, worked and carved out their place in our area’s history,” the museum wrote in a press release. “A mix of memories, research and architectural details, our history tours are a fascinating glimpse through the windows of time.”
During the tours, guides will lead up to 25 people for about a mile, making frequent stops along the way to view buildings, tell stories and answer the questions of participants. Though terrain consist mostly of city sidewalks, organizers suggest those planning to attend wear good walking shoes and bring balance aids if needed.
Tours begin at noon on Fridays and 9 a.m. on Saturdays, with each weekend highlighting a different destination.
- Vancouver: Officers Row (June 1-2), Esther Short Neighborhood (June 15-16), Lower Main Street (June 22-23), Middle Main Street (June 29-30), Uptown Village (July 6-7) and Hough Neighborhood (July 13-14)
- Around the county: Heritage Farm (July 20-21), Downtown Camas (July 27-28), Downtown Ridgefield (Aug. 3-4) and Downtown Battle Ground (Aug. 10-11)
All are welcome on the tours, though they are best suited for those 13 years and older. All attending over the age of six need a ticket, and tours happen rain or shine. Tickets are $10 for Clark County Historical Museum members and $12 for the general public. The downtown Ridgefield tours are free for Ridgefield residents, though registration is still required.
Contact the museum for more information and to purchase tickets:
- Clark County Historical Museum (1511 Main St., Vancouver)
- Online at cchmuseum.ejoinme.org/summer_walking_tours.
- CCHM members can use discount code: CCHM. Ridgefield residents can use discount code: 98642.
- Call (360) 993-5679 or email email@example.com.