Port of Vancouver event is an annual tradition
This free event begins at 6 p.m. in the Warehouse ’23 event space at 100 Columbia Street, Vancouver. It features live music, food and drink, family friendly fun and the Christmas Ships, estimated to arrive between 7:30 and 8 p.m.
Activities at this year’s event include:
- Holiday classics by the Vancouver Community Concert Band
- Alpacas dressed as reindeer to pet and feed
- Face painting, balloon creations, and magic with Adam the Great
- Free children’s books from the Fort Vancouver Regional Library Foundation and port tenants NuStar Energy L.P., Food Express Inc. and Vanport Trucking
- Warm beverages and cookies
- Warehouse ’23 gourmet macaroni and cheese for purchase
- Cash bar for those 21 and over
- Free glow necklaces for children while supplies last
The port’s waterfront project team will also be on hand to share the latest plans to redevelop historic Terminal 1, including designs for the overall development, proposed public marketplace and northern blocks.
The Port of Vancouver has held a free Christmas Ships viewing event at Terminal 1 since 2015. The event continues to grow each year and is becoming a holiday tradition as one of the few free, indoor viewing events along the Columbia River. Parking at the waterfront is limited so using ride-share services is encouraged. Attendees can also park downtown and catch two RYD vehicles that will be picking up and dropping off at the Hilton Hotel pullout. The RYD vehicles will operate from 5-9 p.m. for free.
For information about port projects, events and more, visit www.portvanusa.com.