Nancy Churchill points out that everyday Washingtonians are experiencing runaway inflation coupled with rapidly rising taxes
Welcome to the Second American Revolution. You may have sensed something was not quite right in America, but it’s time to face reality. We are experiencing a Marxist “color revolution” that is happening real-time right here in the United States, right in front of our faces. Everywhere we look we see the evidence.
Marxist ideologies teaching division and racism are promoted in universities, institutions and corporations. Our law enforcement departments have been defunded, our prosecutors offices have been captured by radicals, with the subsequent result being the destruction of the rule of law. As a result, our communities are extremely dangerous and the lawless roam freely — stealing, looting and murdering at will.
Everyday Washingtonians are experiencing runaway inflation coupled with rapidly rising taxes — both policies often implemented by unelected administrative state or federal bureaucrats, or imposed by an out-of-control Democratic majority at the Washington Legislature and governor’s office.
At both the national and Washington state level, unelected health “authorities” are imposing stringent rules on our hospitals, insurers, pharmacies and care providers. Additionally, the citizens are daily subjected to intense covert propaganda campaigns to increase feelings of fear and division and to recommend treatments that are neither safe nor effective.
People who hate the Constitution and the Second Amendment are trying to destroy the right to bear arms by lawfare all across the United States. An unarmed populace is a compliant populace. People who hate families and American values and culture seek to control the type of information that our children receive in school. Education radicals are promoting racism, division and self-hatred. People who hate religion, families and children seek to promote the twisted idea that someone could be “born in the wrong body” rather than being “fearfully and wonderfully made.”
Refreshing the Tree of Liberty in 2024
In 1787, Thomas Jefferson wrote “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” Fortunately, in 2024, we don’t need to resort to taking up arms or shedding blood — although many innocents ARE dying as the result of the current implementation of Marxism in our country: babies are being aborted, street preachers are being shot, gang violence and illegal narcotics steal innocent lives every day.
Today’s patriots and pilgrims have peaceful ways to fight the destruction of our country—writing, speaking, and nonviolent resistance through political activism. I hope to inspire you to make 2024 a year of political action. Like any revolution, it will take courage to participate. But the reward is the preservation of our republic and our culture. America is the “shining city on the hill,” but that city is under attack and we must rally to preserve it.
The year to take action
I’ll be the first to admit that there are elected officials who have run as Republicans who subsequently betrayed Republican values. That’s always disappointing, but not a valid reason to give up on political action. The Republican party can be refreshed and restored by activists who courageously decide to continue to promote American values every day in small and large ways.
The Presidential election year is when conservatives can attend the Washington Republican Caucus and Convention. When you participate in your local WAGOP county caucus, you can work with your like-minded neighbors to influence the Washington State Republican Party. If you’re ready to throw off the yoke of tyranny, you need to attend this important community meeting!
If you want to get more deeply involved, you can run as a delegate to attend the State Caucus and Convention, where the 2024 WAGOP Platform will be developed. From there you could work towards attending the Republican National Convention. But this journey of political action all starts at home, at your local precinct or county pooled caucus.
Start right here, right now
If you’re wondering how to REALLY influence the Republican Party, start by attending your local county caucus on Jan. 13. In Ferry County, we’ll be having a pooled caucus (all precincts meeting at the same location). You can begin your 2024 political action journey by attending your precinct caucus and becoming a delegate to your County Convention.
Nancy Churchill is the state committeewoman for the Ferry County Republican Party. She may be reached at DangerousRhetoric@pm.me. The opinions expressed in Dangerous Rhetoric are her own.
- POLL: Is enough done to deter voter fraud in Clark County?Is enough done to deter voter fraud in Clark County?
- Opinion: Proposed bill would cut funding to schools that do not adopt controversial state-imposed curriculumLiv Finne of the Washington Policy Center believes one of the main reasons polls show a loss of faith in so many of our public institutions is the decline in the quality of public education and the trend of parents pulling their children out of the system.
- Opinion: Proposed House budget promises $200 checks, but only if voters keep the CO2 taxTodd Myers of the Washington Policy Center points out that the payments are the only budget item using CO2 tax revenue that must be spent this year in the Senate proposal.
- Opinion: The Censorship Industry and the death of free speechNancy Churchill believes a Republican-led Washington State Legislature is our only chance of opening an investigation into the UW contribution to the death of free speech.
- Opinion: How will the new Ridgefield School District superintendent influence capital needs?Ridgefield resident Heidi Pozzo asks how the hiring of a new Ridgefield School District superintendent will impact the district’s capital plans.