Third Congressional District Lynne Treat offers her thoughts on the Congressional race
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
Marie Glusenkamp Perez is the candidate for Congress in our district. She clearly best represents the wants and needs of the residents in our region. She stands for, among other things, increased funding for public education, job training, and health care for all our citizens.
Her opponent, on the other hand, promises to gut funding for all of these things. With Marie, we will take a bold step forward, as opposed to a step backward if we vote for her opponent. From where I sit, Marie Glusenkamp Perez is the clear and rational choice for representative in our district.
- Opinion: Government agency creates program to fight costly small business regulations created by government agency programsMark Harmsworth of the Washington Policy Center wants Commerce to refocus the $3.1 million it is spending to reduce the barriers the state created into simplifying the rules that are causing the problem in the first place.
- POLL: Is it time to end President Joe Biden’s U.S. military vaccine mandate?Is it time to end President Joe Biden’s U.S. military vaccine mandate?
- Letter: Hayden Island resident expresses concerns about proposed Interstate Bridge replacementSam Churchill shares a long list of issues with the project.
- DOR given green light to collect capital gains income tax while state Supreme Court considers caseThe state Supreme Court has granted the Attorney General’s request to allow the Department of Revenue (DOR) to collect the capital gains income tax before a final ruling in the case.
- POLL: Should hospitals be allowed to establish a code of conduct that allows them to ban patients for politically incorrect offenses such as speaking “unwelcome words?”Should hospitals be allowed to establish a code of conduct that allows them to ban patients for politically incorrect offenses such as speaking “unwelcome words?”