Vancouver resident Julia Dawn Seaver offers her support for Rey Reynolds in the race for Clark County Sheriff
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
With rising crime rates and fewer law enforcement officers in Clark County, it’s time for a new sheriff in town. With his extensive experience in the field, sheriff candidate Rey Reynolds, has the solutions we need.
In his work with the Vancouver Police Department, Rey developed a program that brings government-funded and private business resources together to tackle homelessness. He also wants to implement a program that will utilize officers from specialty units and patrol units together to reduce crime in a targeted area, which will help overcome the staffing shortage.
It’s that kind of innovation, experience, and knowledge of our community that show Rey Reynolds has the solutions to make our communities safer.
Julia Dawn Seaver
- Opinion: State lawmakers should pass bill correcting wrong against state workers in COVID-19 timesElizabeth Hovde states that passage of the bill would scrub the lack of a COVID-19 vaccination from a former employee’s personnel files.
- POLL: Should a transgender biological male be allowed to compete in athletic competitions against a biological female?Should a transgender biological male be allowed to compete in athletic competitions against a biological female?
- Letter: ‘We find the dominant, post-Christian culture in the U.S. to be unfair and intolerant’Vancouver resident Ann Makar explains why people with her beliefs are frustrated with the unfairness and intolerance they perceive in the dominant culture.
- Opinion: The 2024 Washington legislative session madness has already begunLegislators have the ability to ‘pre-file’ bills to get new legislation into the hopper ready for consideration in January and Mark Harmsworth of the Washington Policy Center says things are already happening.
- Opinion: WA Cares is a lump of coal in workers’ stockingsElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center, says about WA Cares: ‘there is nothing merry about taking from the poor to give to those who have more.