Vancouver resident Marla Koch offers her support to Greg Kimsey in the race for Clark County auditor
I’m outraged by banners illegally affixed to WSDOT highway fences promoting extremist county auditor candidate Brett Simpson. The bottom of these banners reads, “Not paid for by any candidate or authorized committee,” which allows Simpson to avoid responsibility for the lies therein.
The parasitic signs showing up next to current auditor Greg Kimsey’s signs sport the same disclaimer. We have laws against defacing campaign signs. While these adjacent signs do not literally deface Kimsey’s signs, they do in intent and spirit. If Simpson is not responsible for the banners and signs, he should be loudly and emphatically calling for their removal, for they attack Simpson’s integrity far more than Kimsey’s.
These inflammatory childish banners warn us that Simpson might be willing to find loopholes in the law that allow him to skirt the intent. Is this the type of person we want in charge of handling and accounting for $700 million of taxpayer’s money, the integrity of elections, and the safe-keeping of our records? Or could this be the type of person who would look for loopholes when elections don’t produce the results he wants?
Hasn’t Simpson already cost taxpayers enough with two frivolous lawsuits he filed against Kimsey that the courts dismissed? Now the taxpayers need to pay for WSDOT to remove these illegally placed banners as well.
Vote to retain Greg Kimsey for Clark County Auditor. Honesty, integrity and experience matter!
- Opinion: WA Cares is a regressive tax, hurting low-income workersElizabeth Hovde shares an opinion piece stating ‘The regressivity within this state-imposed program is one of the easiest reasons to be against the 2019 long-term-care law.’
- Opinion: State should protect Medicaid for people in needElizabeth Hovde believes states have a strong incentive to figure out who is eligible and who is not in a timely manner.
- Letter: ‘Do not believe that CD3 is purple’Clark County Republican State Committeewoman Anne O’Neill makes her case for Joe Kent in the Third Congressional District Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com Wednesday night the Clark County Republican Central Committee overwhelmingly voted to endorse …
- POLL: Will the CCRP’s support of Joe Kent lead to a victory for the Republican?Will the CCRP’s support of Joe Kent lead to a victory for the Republican in the 2024 Third Congressional District congressional race?
- Opinion: Office of Financial Management fined for withholding public documentsOFM was withholding from a public records request contract negotiation documents between the state and public sector unions.
Wow. Easily outraged! I would hate to see what something more severe does to your delicate sensitivities! Lol
This reflects my very first thoughts. The adjectives alone just show pure brainwashed venom. Extremist! Childish! They are campaign signs. My gosh. Triggered easily? I’m with you.. I would hate to see the tasmanian spin that happens when bigger issues are brought up.
I just watched a debate and Simpson said he had lots of issues on his website. If you want to oppose him I think you should go there and see if you can refute what he says. He sounds legit to me and I plan to vote for him, but I still plan to learn more before turning in my ballot.
When signs protected by the 1st Ammendment are more important to a voter than actual evidence of election fraud, you can begin to understand why their eyes bulge out.
24 year incumbent Auditor Greg Kimsey is now under investigation by the Washington State Public Disclosure Commission for breaking Washington campaign disclosure laws, including RCW 42.17A.235 and RCW 42.17A.240 for failing to disclose a $7000.00 contribution from a surplus committee to a campaign committee. The investigation was announced on the PDC website
Washington voting system is corrupted to the core.
Greg Kimsey just bumps along over the years with no push back to this intentional and blatant degredation to our voting system.
Brett Simpson is a reformer who will root out all of this in Clark County.
Making the description of ‘Extremist‘ above seem a bit misplaced.
you have no proof of anything you just said. why can’t simpson or any of you other extremists bring proof of this nonsense? simpson’s lies are easily proven false. you live in a fantasy land
So, easily prove that Bill.
Greg Kimsey has already been a county auditor for over 20 years.
We need term limits on elected official.
Greg Kimsey has been endorsed by Julie Olson, and Temple Lentz! All these people who had no problem shutting down our county and did not listen to the voters who fought to keep the discrimination out of our community.
Temple Lentz also supported and fought at the WSBOH to put into policy that you get your children vaccinated in order to attend tax paid public schools.
If you want your vote to truly count then vote Brett Simpson!!
The true man with Integrity and Honesty!
Are you outraged that Greg is allowed to put his name on every envelope sent with a ballot to every singe registered voter in the county?? I don’t think ANY elected official should be allowed to do this.
Greg Kimsey Spells out Corruption by not allowing a Forensic Audit of the 2020 elections in Clark County… He also didn’t disclose $7,000 on he Public Disclosure Commission Filing. Brett Simpson wants to Change things in the Auditor Office and be Transparent, unlike Greg Kimsey, Kimsey has his father putting up Signs for him all over all the place and probably helping knock down Brett’s Signs. KIMSEY NEEDS THE BOOT!!! We NEED BRETT SIMPSON… DON’T LISTEN TO THIS LADIES BS.
Oh my goodness! You need therapy
Oh, wow! The delicate sensibilities of an easily offended, hypersensitive wokie have been easily offended! Goodness gracious, what next; finding out that the Second Amendment doesn’t have anything to do with deer hunting? She probably broke her pearl string clutching them so hard. Haven’t seen hyperventilating on that scale since a trip to Marvy Marin…..