Washougal resident Anne Haller expresses her opinions about the Third Congressional District race
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com
Our Nov. 8th local election is high stakes. The candidates running to represent us in Washington DC, Marie Perez and Joe Kent, couldn’t be more different.
Perez is a small business owner with deep roots in SW Washington.
Kent recently moved to our area from Portland so he could run for office.
Perez is a moderate concerned with healthcare costs, women’s rights, fair elections, and inflation.
Kent wants to defund the Department of Education, and significantly “change” Social Security.
Perez believes transparent government is vital and overturning Citizens’ United (which allows corporations and billionaires dark money into campaigns) is key.
Kent believes the 2020 election was stolen, the government created COVID, and promotes extreme conspiracies.
Perez is not connected to any DC politicians.
Kent is a Trump loyalist who says and does whatever he is told.
Vote for Perez – sensible US House Representative for SW Washington.
- Opinion: Government agency creates program to fight costly small business regulations created by government agency programsMark Harmsworth of the Washington Policy Center wants Commerce to refocus the $3.1 million it is spending to reduce the barriers the state created into simplifying the rules that are causing the problem in the first place.
- POLL: Is it time to end President Joe Biden’s U.S. military vaccine mandate?Is it time to end President Joe Biden’s U.S. military vaccine mandate?
- Letter: Hayden Island resident expresses concerns about proposed Interstate Bridge replacementSam Churchill shares a long list of issues with the project.
- DOR given green light to collect capital gains income tax while state Supreme Court considers caseThe state Supreme Court has granted the Attorney General’s request to allow the Department of Revenue (DOR) to collect the capital gains income tax before a final ruling in the case.
- POLL: Should hospitals be allowed to establish a code of conduct that allows them to ban patients for politically incorrect offenses such as speaking “unwelcome words?”Should hospitals be allowed to establish a code of conduct that allows them to ban patients for politically incorrect offenses such as speaking “unwelcome words?”