Vancouver resident NC Zepeda responds to Jan. 3 letter to the editor by Wynn Grcich
Editor’s note: Opinions expressed in this letter to the editor are those of the author alone and do not reflect the editorial position of ClarkCountyToday.com.
During 2020-2022, I was able to attend very few Vancouver City Council meetings c/o and with Ms. Wynn Grcich (Jan. 3 letter to the editor) … I only spoke at one … Having met, known (slightly) and witnessed Ms. Whitaker’s and Ms. Elbron’s behavior at various club meetings and other functions, I found them both, though good of heart, to be inappropriate and disrespectful, fairly often, toward those in governmental (and lesser) positions. Let’s just say “fervent” with their points of view. Not ashamed to know them, but (during those times of disrespectfulness), embarrassed for them non the less.
It seems such a royal shame, that the Vancouver City Council has allowed the “fear” of Ms. Elbon and Ms. Whitaker, and anyone else who has acted as they did, to feel comfortable removing our public rights! It’s gonna happen in Clark County as well! Come on, be brave! DON’T LET THAT HAPPEN! DO SOMETHING!
That being said, I have something to say about Ms. Wynn Grcich. What a powerhouse of knowledge, fervor and experience! Personally, I am not known for either my verbal eloquence, nor my abilities at being succinct. (On top of that, like most people, I complain, but don’t do much toward solving problems/issues, outside of my own.) However, despite my sometimes thick skull, Wynn’s “teachings” ARE trickling in! Anyway, she is most known for her Activism (Google her over the last 10-15 years, here in Clark County and The San Francisco Bay area); her Intelligence, knowledge, fierce determination, loyalty, perseverance, compassion, patience, honesty and tact. She LITERALLY spends the MAJORITY of her time researching pertinent local and global issues; meeting with local politicians, governmental administrators, public servants, etc., to “call them out, pressure, and/or encourage” them to take responsibility for said issues having to do with their places in office … printing and passing out flyers (local/global issues), encouraging the public to become involved in getting things done. She does so much more! Were she to ever run for political office (don’t worry, she’s not) I WOULD VOTE FOR HER!
My point regarding Ms. Grcich, has been not so much praise for her, as trying to inform readers, this formidable “Lady Warrior” is all about “WE THE PEOPLE” and (whenever and whatever she speaks out about), SHOULD TRULY BE PAID ATTENTION TO!! She is nothing less than an asset to us all!
Thank you for reading.
- POLL: Do you support legislation that would lengthen the school year one week to address student learning loss during the COVID-19 pandemic?Do you support legislation that would lengthen the school year one week to address student learning loss during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Opinion: ‘Democrats have been much better at the game of politics and elections than Republicans and that is hurting people like me’Clark County Today Editor Ken Vance pleads with Republicans to focus more on winning the war with Democrats than the battle with each other.
- Opinion: Washington’s gas prices have jumped 25 cents per gallon since CO2 tax took effectTodd Myers of the Washington Policy Center continues to make the case that the costs of that policy should be offset by tax cuts and that cost increases should be small.
- Opinion: SB 5236 isn’t the solution: More nurses are needed, not more regulationsElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center shares that creating more commissions, more oversight and threatening penalties is not going to get us more nurses.
- Opinion: Your opportunity to hit the financial reset button starts nowKristen Gillis of OnPoint Community Credit Union shares five tips for reviewing and updating your personal finances for 2023.