A structured school day will include a combination of self-directed activities and lessons taught live online
Vancouver Public Schools will begin the year in full remote learning for all students, based on school reopening guidelines issued by the Washington Department of Health.
Patrons of the Vancouver School District can find more information and updates on the fall 2020 section of the district’s website.
What you need to know:
The improved remote learning experience includes:
- A structured school day (see schedules): combination of self-directed activities and lessons taught live online that are recorded and archived for students and families to access at any time
- Streamlined technology tools to simplify organization and accessibility
- Training for students, parents and guardians
- Increased technical assistance
- Regular communication with families
- Ways for students to collaborate and receive social and emotional support
- Consistent expectations for attendance and grades
For students starting middle school, high school or new to the district: In the coming weeks, you will have the opportunity to swap out or pick up new devices. More details will be shared soon.
When will in-person learning resume?
VPS plans to phase in a hybrid of remote and in-person learning when conditions related to the spread of the COVID-19 virus improve in the county and state. VPS is working closely with Clark County Public Health to monitor conditions; learn about the metrics for this process.
Information provided by Vancouver Public Schools.