Motorcyclist was transported to area hospital with life-threatening injuries
A 22-year-old Vancouver resident was transported to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries after the motorcycle he was operating collided with a vehicle.
On Saturday (Aug. 6) at about 9 p.m., Vancouver Police responded to a collision in the 3200 block of NW Lower River Rd. The collision involved a Dodge Nitro and a Yamaha motorcycle.
The driver of the vehicle was a 15-year-old female and the passenger was a 55-year-old male, both Ridgefield residents. The driver and passenger were not injured in the collision.
The VPD Traffic Unit responded and is conducting the investigation. Alcohol and speed are believed to be factors in the collision. The names of the involved persons are not being released at this time.
Information provided by Vancouver Police Department.
- POLL: Are you in favor of current legislation that would allow homeless youth shelters to avoid notifying parents of runaway children?Are you in favor of current legislation that would allow homeless youth shelters to avoid notifying parents of runaway children?
- Vancouver Council Member Sarah Fox questions cost for city’s trip to JapanTwo members of the Vancouver City Council did not attend a city-sponsored trip to Joyo, Japan, and Sarah Fox has publicly questioned how much the trip cost Vancouver.
- Washington State Senate introduces $12.9 billion transportation budgetFunding in the proposed budget continues the state’s $1 billion commitment toward the bi-state project to replace the Interstate 5 Bridge over the Columbia River; $138 million would go to the project.
- Sheriff’s Office investigating threats at Thomas Jefferson Middle SchoolOn Wednesday (March 29), Thomas Jefferson Middle School administrators made the Clark County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) aware of a possible threat of violence against the school.
- Heritage High School to host baseball tournaments Friday, SaturdayA dozen high school baseball teams, playing in three four-team brackets, will take to the new fields at Heritage High School on Friday and Saturday.
- Opinion: The truly worrisome result of the Supreme Court’s decisionThe Washington Supreme Court decision in Quinn v. State of Washington declaring that a capital gains tax does not violate the Washington Constitution is another affront to our rights.
- Witness Tree dedicated at Clark College for Vietnam Era veteransGuest speakers shared their experiences as combat veterans, immigrants, and family members of those who served at a ceremony to honor Vietnam veterans Wednesday at Clark College.