Washington State Department of Transportation officials cannot provide an estimated time for reopening the highway
COUGAR – Due to earth movement beneath the highway caused by heavy rainfall, both directions of the State Route 503 Spur leading to Cougar at milepost 35.7, near Forest Service Road 81 in Cowlitz County, will remain closed until further notice.
The Washington State Department of Transportation cannot provide an estimated time for reopening the highway, as crews will need daylight to fully assess the damage and determine repair options.
Due to the substantial damage caused to the roadway, a road closure is in place for your safety. Do not drive through “Road Closed” signs.
- Transportation commissions form bi-state tolling subcommittee to guide tolling on I-5 BridgeThe Oregon Transportation Commission and Washington State Transportation Commission have formed a new bi-state tolling subcommittee to study and assess possible toll rates and policies for the Interstate 5 bridge.
- Buttigieg promises IBR ‘is going to happen,’ but will it?Secretary of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s visit to Clark County full of promises, but are they being met by the Interstate Bridge replacement project?
- Safety and mobility improvements on SR 500 in Vancouver go live Feb. 15Families in the Orchards neighborhood in Vancouver now have a safer path for walking, biking or using mobility devices to travel to school.
- Daytime ramp closure for maintenance work on WednesdayPeople who travel between southbound Interstate 205 and eastbound State Route 14 in Vancouver, will need to plan ahead and use an alternate route this week.
- Tolling committee discusses traffic diversion, revenue sharing and TriMetAn Oregon Department of Transportation committee discussing the implementation of tolling on freeways and highways has been bogged down on defining traffic diversion, revenue sharing and transit issues.