‘We’ve caught him red-handed and he won’t get away’
WND News Center
Sen. Rand Paul begged to differ Thursday with a Washington Post interview characterizing Dr. Anthony Fauci as a “hero” and a victim, contending evidence shows the retiring director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases funded research directly responsible for a pandemic blamed for the deaths of millions worldwide.
Fauci funded gain of function research at a Chinese Communist Party-run lab in Wuhan, creating “super viruses, that in all likelihood leaked into the public and caused 7 million people to die,” he told Fox News host Jesse Watters.
“This is right up there with decisions, some of them malevolent or military, to kill millions of people,” Paul said.
In the Washington Post interview, Fauci said he couldn’t think of anything he would “do over,” but Paul insisted the Biden health adviser who has led the NIAID for nearly 40 years owes the world an apology.
“For the last two years he’s been covering his tracks, but we’ve caught him red-handed and he won’t get away,” Paul said.
“Historically, he will be remembered for one of the worst judgments in the history of modern medicine.”
The Kentucky lawmaker also addressed the Biden administration, under Fauci’s counsel, maintaining its COVID vaccine mandate on military personnel despite the ineffectiveness of the shots.
“We know this, and this is a scientific fact, the vaccine does not prevent you from getting an infection, it doesn’t prevent you from transmitting an infection, and for young people there isn’t significant evidence to show that it reduces the severity or hospitalization,” he said.
In June, the “fully vaccinated” and twice-boosted NIAID director was diagnosed with COVID-19. Last week, the Washington Post reported “a majority of Americans dying from the coronavirus received at least the primary series of the vaccine.”
Paul said the military “has become so ‘woke’ and they’re demanding you get a vaccine that you don’t need, so something’s got to change.”
Paul is among seven senators who have vowed to withhold support for Defense Department funding if the Democrat-led chamber won’t vote on ending the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for service members.
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin announced in August 2021 the COVID-19 vaccine would become mandatory for all service members on active duty or in the Ready Reserve, including the National Guard.
Amid evidence that the U.S. government funded research that made coronaviruses transmissible among humans and more lethal, federal health officials, including Fauci, have pushed the theory that the pandemic had a natural origin, “spilling over” from animals.
Fauci, in fact, according to emails, was part of an effort that began early in the pandemic to dismiss proponents of the lab-leak theory as conspiracy theorists.
But an interim report released in late October of a Senate investigation has concluded there is “substantial” evidence the virus that causes COVID-19 leaked from a lab in China.Last week, during seven hours of questioning in a landmark lawsuit alleging the federal government colluded with social media companies to censor speech, Fauci confirmed the communist Chinese government convinced him to press for the crippling COVID-19 lockdowns, according to attorneys and plaintiffs who were at the deposition.
- Opinion: State lawmakers should pass bill correcting wrong against state workers in COVID-19 timesElizabeth Hovde states that passage of the bill would scrub the lack of a COVID-19 vaccination from a former employee’s personnel files.
- Research reveals shortage of critical medicines on the riseThe medical profession around the globe has been focused over the last few flu seasons on COVID and its after-effects, but that focus has come with a cost.
- Prestigious science journals provide kill shot to bogus COVID narrativeA report from Just the News now has revealed a study that confirms COVID masks were largely ineffective.
- White House pressured YouTube to ‘crack down on vaccine misinformation’President Joe Biden’s administration exerted pressure on Google-owned YouTube to suppress COVID-19 vaccine information, documents obtained by the House Judiciary Committee show.
- Unapologetic U.S. military now reaching out to soldiers it bootedThe Pentagon now is reaching out to the hundreds and hundreds of soldiers it threw out of the ranks of the U.S. Army because they refused to accept the experimental, and now documented as dangerous, COVID shots.
- ‘Never seen this before’: Explosion of miscarriages after COVID shotsStudy alleges link between mRNA COVID-19 vaccines and 17 million sudden deaths, raising concerns about vaccine safety; testimonies at Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s hearing highlight increased miscarriage rates post-vaccination.
- Probe: Feds keep hidden records on vaccine injuries, barely follow upA report in Just the News explained the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System which is run by the Centers for Disease Control and the FDA, contains a “back end” to which only regulators have access.
- Mask mandates are making a return in blue stateFive counties in California implemented mask mandates for some areas on Wednesday as a precautionary measure ahead of flu season, ABC7 News reported.