On Friday, WSDOT maintenance crews will close the right lane on southbound I-5 at milepost 19.87 near the North Fork Lewis River Bridge
WOODLAND –Travelers heading south on Interstate 5 just beyond Woodland near the Clark and Cowlitz county lines, should plan ahead for delays and additional travel times.
On Friday, Dec. 15, Washington State Department of Transportation maintenance crews will close the right lane on southbound I-5 at milepost 19.87 near the North Fork Lewis River Bridge, to repair and replace damaged guardrail alongside the freeway.
What to expect
- Friday, Dec. 15, from 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.: The right lane along the southbound span of the I-5/North Fork Lewis River Bridge, at milepost 19.87, will be closed.
Guardrails act as a vital safety barrier, helping to prevent vehicles from leaving the travel lanes along the roadway. Repairing and replacing damaged guardrail significantly improves safety for all travelers by ensuring our infrastructure is strong and secure.
Know before you go
- Seattle area maximum toll rates to increase 50 percent – a cautionary tale for Portland-area tollingFollowing many months of discussion and mostly negative public input, the Washington State Transportation Commission (WSTC) approved “phase one” of toll rate increases at their January 29 meeting.
- Transportation Commission subcommittee meets to plan for Interstate Bridge tollsOn Friday, a subcommittee of the Washington and Oregon Transportation Commissions (WSTC & OTC) met for the first time. The members’ mission is to discuss and begin the process for imposing tolls on the I-5 Bridge.
- Transportation commissions form bi-state tolling subcommittee to guide tolling on I-5 BridgeThe Oregon Transportation Commission and Washington State Transportation Commission have formed a new bi-state tolling subcommittee to study and assess possible toll rates and policies for the Interstate 5 bridge.
- Buttigieg promises IBR ‘is going to happen,’ but will it?Secretary of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s visit to Clark County full of promises, but are they being met by the Interstate Bridge replacement project?
- Safety and mobility improvements on SR 500 in Vancouver go live Feb. 15Families in the Orchards neighborhood in Vancouver now have a safer path for walking, biking or using mobility devices to travel to school.