Responding units found the motorcyclist struck a guardrail and was ejected from the motorcycle
The rider of a motorcycle involved in a serious collision Saturday was transported to a local hospital and was listed in critical condition.
On Saturday (Aug. 20) at about 11:34 p.m., Clark County Sheriff’s Office, Fire District 3 and American Medical Response (AMR) personnel responded to the area of NE Risto Road and NE Pietila Road on the report of an unknown injury collision.
Responding units found the motorcyclist struck a guardrail and was ejected from the motorcycle. The motorcyclist was located by responding units. The Clark County Sheriff’s Office Traffic Unit is investigating the collision.
Information provided by Clark County Sheriff’s Office.
- High School Baseball: Clark County All-Stars shine for most of the nightSeniors from local high schools gathered in Ridgefield on Tuesday for the annual Clark County Senior All-Star Baseball series, and then coaches voted for the county’s nominees to the all-state series later this month.
- Opinion: State’s income tax windfall isn’t needed – public schools have plenty of moneyLiv Finne states that in Washington, ‘fully funding the schools’ means funding the interests of powerful unions, bureaucracies, and feeding ever-growing amounts of tax money into an increasingly unpopular monopoly system.
- Washington state predicts U.S. economic ‘slowdown,’ not recessionWashington state forecasts a slowdown in the U.S. economy, predicting lower GDP growth, higher unemployment rates, and decreasing oil prices in the coming years.
- Opinion: The debt-limit deal is a bust!Speaker Kevin McCarthy criticized for selling out conservatives in debt-ceiling deal and failing to include spending cuts, prompting calls for Republicans to vote against the Biden/McCarthy agreement.
- Ridgefield School District hires new assistant principal at View Ridge Middle SchoolJennifer Johnson, highly experienced educator and interim assistant principal at Columbia River High School, has been hired as the new assistant principal at View Ridge Middle School in the Ridgefield School District, bringing her expertise and leadership to support the district’s learning community.
- Night time delays for guardrail installation on southbound I-5 in Woodland, May 31Travelers returning home from the extended weekend should expect nightly lane closures on southbound Interstate 5 in Woodland as a new guardrail is installed for improved safety.
- Sheriff John Horch invites area residents to second community forumClark County Sheriff John Horch invites residents to a community forum discussing crime trends, agency updates, and future initiatives, offering an opportunity to ask questions and engage with the sheriff’s leadership team.