Rules branch failed to adhere to Religious Freedom Restoration Act
WND News Center
A federal judge has temporarily halted the discharge of hundreds of Marines who were denied religious exemptions from the military’s requirement that they receive the experimental COVID-19 vaccine shots, which have not prevented infection and the spread of the virus as promised.
U.S. District Judge Steve Merryday, a George. H.W. Bush appointee, ruled Thursday that the Marines have failed to adhere to the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, the Epoch Times reported.
And significantly, he ruled a class action for any Marine affirmed by a chaplain as having a sincere religious objection who filed for an exemption on time and was denied.
The Religious Freedom Restoration Act requires the federal government to prove it has a compelling interest requires in a certain action and that there are no less restrictive alternatives.
Many of the Marines argued that chaplains determined they held sincere religious beliefs and the military did not present compelling reasons for them to get vaccinated.
None of the exemption denials, the judge said, demonstrated that “accommodating a particular applicant will meaningfully impede the health and readiness of the 95% vaccinated force or meaningfully impede the military’s operations and duties.”
Only 11 requests for religious accommodation had been approved by Aug. 4 after none had been approved before February.
The judge emphasized that the Marines failed to consider the circumstances for each applicant. And the branch relied on data largely from 2020 and 2021, which was before the relatively mild and vaccine-evasive omicron variant emerged.
Mat Staver, chairman and founder of Liberty Counsel, said in a statement the Defense Department “has relentlessly violated the law and ignored their religious freedom.”
“Today, that lawlessness ends,” he said.
The branch has discharged a total of 3,299 Marines for refusing to get a vaccine. Some Marines have asked for a medical exemption.
Judge Merryday wrote that the treatment of the exemption requests signals that “the class of religiously objecting Marines is substantially likely to prevail on the merits of their claim that the Marines never received a fair and particularized evaluation ‘to the person,'”
“Because the record reveals the substantial likelihood of a systemic failure by the Marine Corps to discharge the obligations established by RFRA, a classwide preliminary injunction is warranted to preserve the status quo, to permit the full development of the record without prejudice to the plaintiffs, and to permit both a trial and a detailed, fact-based resolution of the controlling issues of fact and law,” he ruled.
- ‘I collapsed’: Documentary stuns with life-altering COVID-shot injuriesA newly released documentary film is stunning its audience with overwhelming evidence of life-altering injuries from the COVID vaccines.
- Phone COVID-19 exposure notifications in Washington state have endedWashington State Department of Health ends program that sent COVID-19 exposure notifications to residents’ phones. With the recent end of the federal public health emergency, federal funding for a variety of pandemic-related programs has dried up.
- ‘Noxious and harmful’: New study shatters myth that masks protectA new study suggests that wearing COVID masks may have caused problems with high blood pressure, reduced thinking ability, increased respiratory problems, and the inhalation of excessive carbon dioxide, potentially leading to harmful effects on health.
- Gov. Inslee rescinds COVID-19 vaccine mandate for state employeesMore than 1,800 state employees were initially fired or voluntarily left their jobs for failing to comply with Inslee’s vaccine mandate.
- COVID tests declared unsafe, mass recall issuedFDA warns of bacterial infection risk and inaccurate results in a recall of SD Biosensor’s Pilot COVID-19 At-Home Tests distributed by Roche Diagnostics, affecting numerous lot numbers. The FDA reported that about 500,000 tests were distributed to CVS Health.
- Opinion: Federal vaccine mandate on employees is ending; Washington state’s remainsElizabeth Hovde believes the governor’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for remaining and future employees of small cabinet and executive agencies is misguided, discriminatory and outdated.
- ABC News censors Bobby Kennedy remarks critical of COVID vaccines‘Instead of journalism, the public saw a hatchet job.’
- Big Pharma under investigation for COVID-vaccine fraudTexas Attorney General Ken Paxton has launched an investigation into Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson for possible violations of the state’s Deceptive Trade Practices Act over alleged COVID vaccine fraud and misrepresentation of efficacy and safety of the vaccines.
About time some judges got their heads out of the facebook and the presstitute media and started reading more broadly into the reality of this disease and the manufactured rolling disaster of the mRNA injection
Well stated – I second that!
It is about time. Thank the Lord for this judge and more like them.
I suppose this is what happens when a cult is allowed to usurp the UCMJ.
Religious exemption is the least of the reasons to not get the shot. There are some Marines who are educated and can understand the science of the mRna technology, not to mention the effective protocols that are available that are much better than the shot.
Thanks phil smith. Refreshing to gave someone support the concept that jab exemption should not be limited to religious reasons. Why is religion given special privileges?That is unjustified inequality. What about atheists and others with equally valid reasons?
Marines and all others who understand what an mRNA virus is, also know that the mRNA jabs do not meet the definition of a ‘vaccine’ – but are more akin to gene therapy. The jab turns the human body into an artificial machine churning out S1 spike proteins. Worst of all, there is zero scientific data on the jab’s full journey once injected. Where does it go, what is the effect on the immune system and other organs, its multiplication, behavior etc. All unknown and scientifically flawed!
I am so glad you spoke out, hopefully it will inspire others to do the same.
Now if only I can find an attorney for pain and suffering, depression dealing with all this, deployment I got kicked off. 🙄
I have been more stressed during the 13 months since this order was released than I *ever* was in my 4 combat tours.