The condition of the remains indicate this was not a recent death
On Wednesday (May 10), Camas Police were called to investigate the discovery of human remains.
The body of an apparent adult male was discovered in a heavily wooded area owned by Georgia Pacific Corporation, west of the mill. The discovery was made by workers conducting annual vegetation management in the area.
The Clark County Medical Examiner’s office took custody of the remains and will be conducting an autopsy to determine cause of death. The identity of the individual is unknown at this time. The condition of the remains indicate this was not a recent death.
Camas detectives are leading the investigation.
There is no other information to release at this time.
Information provided by Camas Police Department.
- Camas Champions: More notes from a state championship basketball teamThree Papermakers made the all-tournament team, led by MVP Addison Harris, plus a salute to assistant coach John Griffin, sportsmanship, and the fact that this is a true Camas championship with homegrown talent.
- VFD extinguishes duplex fireAt 7:26 a.m. Sunday (March 3), the Vancouver Fire Department (VFD) was dispatched to the report of a house fire at 2219 Simpson Ave. in Vancouver.
- Camas girls claim Class 4A state basketball championshipThe Camas Papermakers completed their run to the Class 4A girls’ state basketball championship Saturday at the Tacoma Dome.
- Ridgefield School District selects Dr. Jenny Rodriquez as superintendentThe Ridgefield School District is pleased to announce the selection of Dr. Jenny Rodriquez as its next superintendent, effective July 1, 2024.
- Washington State Senate passes three bipartisan bills from Rep. Kevin WatersThree bipartisan bills from Rep. Kevin Waters are one step closer to becoming law after receiving approval from the Washington State Senate this week.
- State basketball Saturday: Skyview, Seton Catholic boys place sixth at their venuesThe Skyview boys basketball team earned their second state trophy in program history, and the Seton Catholic boys basketball team got its first trophy.
- State basketball Friday: Camas returns to championship gameThe Camas Papermakers won their semifinal game Friday night and look to win their first state championship in girls basketball, a year after losing in the finals in the Tacoma Dome.