VANCOUVER — The Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce will host its 2017 Spring Workshop Series, entitled Media Relations Homerun, with eight workshops in May.
All-access passes for the event went on sale this week. Go to www.VancouverUSA.com for more information and to register. All-access passes are available through March 31.
The workshops will take place at the Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce, located at 1101 Broadway, Suite 100, Vancouver. The workshops will be held from noon- 1 p.m. An all-access pass for the eight workshops is $149 (members only). Individual passes will also be sold on a space available basis for the price of $20 for members and $35 for non-members.
The schedule for the series includes the following workshops:
- Tue., May 2 — Five steps to writing effective press releases. Instructor: Julia Maglione, communications manager for Workforce SW.
- Thu., May 4 — Communicating with the media. Instructor: Nelson Holmberg, VP of innovation for the Port of Ridgefield.
- Tue., May 9 — How to build a strategic media relations campaign. Instructor: Ronnie Noize, DIY Marketing Center.
- Thu., May 11 — Attracting TV coverage. Instructor: Joe Vithayathil, business reporter, Fox 12.
- Tue., May 16 — Opportunities and submissions, The Columbian Newspaper: Instructor: Troy Brynelson, business reporter, The Columbian Newspaper.
- Thu., May 18 —Opportunities and submissions, The Vancouver Business Journal. Instructor: Nick Shanmac, managing editor, Vancouver Business Journal.
- Tue., May 23 — Clark County Media Panel. Featuring Ken Vance, editor of Clark County Today; Monika Spykerman of The NorthBank Now; Laura Venneri, general manager of The Reflector Newspaper.
- Thu., May 30 — Take your media coverage further. Instructor: Kevin Getch of Webfor.