‘We don’t agree on this at all’
WND News Center
Dr. Anthony Fauci has complained that conspiracy theorists have hindered his ability to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, but a former CDC director says it’s his old friend Tony and other federal health officials who are part of a “conspiracy.”
Robert Redfield said in an interview he told Fauci at the beginning of the pandemic he was “very concerned” when the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director ignored evidence the pandemic originated in a lab in Wuhan, China.
“I told Tony that I’m very concerned that he was championing this theory that it came from animals, but there is another theory: that it came from a laboratory,” Redfield told Substack writer Paul D. Thacker, the Daily Caller reported.
Fauci repeatedly has claimed under oath before Congress that he never funded gain-of-function research. But the documented evidence indicates otherwise, and NIH Principal Deputy Director Lawrence Tabak has acknowledged that NIH funded gain-of-function research in China.
“Yes, he clearly misled Congress,” Redfield said. “And then he went over the top taking on Rand Paul and others in an offensive way for a public servant. Tony and I are friends, but we don’t agree on this at all.”
Redfield said the “potential for conspiracy is really on the other side.”
“The conspiracy is Collins, Fauci, and the established scientific community that has acted in an antithetical way to science,” he said, referring to former NIH Director Francis Collins.
Redfield said Fauci “may have overplayed his hand when he was so aggressive with Congress, saying that he was never involved in funding gain-of-function research.”
“There’s too much evidence that’s just not true,” he said.
‘Distortion of reality’
In August, after announcing he will retire at the end of the year, Fauci complained of pandemic “conspiracy theories.”
“What we’re dealing with now is just a distortion of reality, conspiracy theories which don’t make any sense at all pushing back on sound public health measures, making it look like trying to save lives is encroaching on people’s freedom,” he said on MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show.”
Fauci said claims and conspiracies regarding the origin of the pandemic “impeded a proper response to a public health challenge” and continue to interfere with the government’s ability to address public health issues.
“It’s a complete distortion of reality, I mean, a world where untruths have almost become normalized, how we can see something in front of our very eyes and deny it’s happening,” Fauci said.
“I mean, that’s the environment we’re living in. You could look at Jan. 6 on TV, and you have some people who actually don’t believe it happened. How could that possibly be? And it’s now spilling over in denial about public health principles.”
Fauci’s biggest foe in the Senate, Republican Rand Paul of Kentucky, said after Fauci’s announcement that the NIAID director’s resignation “will not prevent a full-throated investigation into the origins of the pandemic.”
Fauci’s resignation will not prevent a full-throated investigation into the origins of the pandemic. He will be asked to testify under oath regarding any discussions he participated in concerning the lab leak.— Rand Paul (@RandPaul) August 22, 2022
“He will be asked to testify under oath regarding any discussions he participated in concerning the lab leak,” Paul said.
- ‘I collapsed’: Documentary stuns with life-altering COVID-shot injuriesA newly released documentary film is stunning its audience with overwhelming evidence of life-altering injuries from the COVID vaccines.
- Phone COVID-19 exposure notifications in Washington state have endedWashington State Department of Health ends program that sent COVID-19 exposure notifications to residents’ phones. With the recent end of the federal public health emergency, federal funding for a variety of pandemic-related programs has dried up.
- ‘Noxious and harmful’: New study shatters myth that masks protectA new study suggests that wearing COVID masks may have caused problems with high blood pressure, reduced thinking ability, increased respiratory problems, and the inhalation of excessive carbon dioxide, potentially leading to harmful effects on health.
- Gov. Inslee rescinds COVID-19 vaccine mandate for state employeesMore than 1,800 state employees were initially fired or voluntarily left their jobs for failing to comply with Inslee’s vaccine mandate.
- COVID tests declared unsafe, mass recall issuedFDA warns of bacterial infection risk and inaccurate results in a recall of SD Biosensor’s Pilot COVID-19 At-Home Tests distributed by Roche Diagnostics, affecting numerous lot numbers. The FDA reported that about 500,000 tests were distributed to CVS Health.
- Opinion: Federal vaccine mandate on employees is ending; Washington state’s remainsElizabeth Hovde believes the governor’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for remaining and future employees of small cabinet and executive agencies is misguided, discriminatory and outdated.
- ABC News censors Bobby Kennedy remarks critical of COVID vaccines‘Instead of journalism, the public saw a hatchet job.’
- Big Pharma under investigation for COVID-vaccine fraudTexas Attorney General Ken Paxton has launched an investigation into Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson for possible violations of the state’s Deceptive Trade Practices Act over alleged COVID vaccine fraud and misrepresentation of efficacy and safety of the vaccines.
The day of reckoning can’t come soon enough. It is time that all Fauci’s evil deeds are exposed to the world, and that truth will finally prevail.
Fauci has held positions of influence with governments and the public. He could have done so much good for humanity and promoted true health care. Instead he used it to cause untold harm and destruction. Why? Is it the irresistible lure of the unparallelled addictive cocktail of ‘power + money’ that many cannot get enough of?
Sooner or later every person will be forced to face her/his reality and will get what he/she deserves. That is real and inevitable.
May the Lord not pay us what we deserve, that would be death for all. May he have mercy on us all through the forgiveness of His Son Jesus
I don’t know why anyone would leave a negative mark on this comment unless they just have a dark ugly heart. I agree with you 100% and thank the Lord we who believe are covered in mercy through Jesus!
Fauci has the purse strings on billions in US government grants to manipulate the scientific community and consensus. Rand Paul might want to get to the truth but I guarantee that 90% of Congress has no interest in the truth that benefited their donor class.
Fauci and his wife, Christine Grady, are both complicit in the scam. Thumbs up to Rand Paul for promising to go after them. Better yet he also needs to be on the ballot in 2024👍👍
Robert Redfield has started to clear his conscience. Better late than never!
Fauci is now likely to label his long-time colleague and friend as a ‘misinformant’ or disinformant. Just like that? That has been Fauci’s signature behavior. Any persons he may value are those who pander to his obsessive addiction to control, money, power, and his ever increasing narcissistic tendencies.
The public are waking up to his evil.
And he is trying to oh so quietly take his snake oil wagon and sneak out of town. People need to be vocal and not let him get away. Rand is doing his best as is Kennedy. Keep supporting the voices who are rising above the fray!