Follows up his vow to hold Pfizer and Moderna ‘accountable’
WND News Center
Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Tuesday at a roundtable with prominent health scientists he will petition for a statewide grand jury to investigate any harm done by the COVID-19 vaccines.
“Today, I’m announcing a petition with the Supreme Court of Florida to impanel a statewide grand jury to investigate any and all wrongdoing in Florida with respect to COVID-19 vaccines,” DeSantis said.
“We anticipate that we will get the approval for that, that will be something that will be impaneled most likely in the Tampa Bay area, and that will come with legal processes that will be able to get more information and to bring legal accountability for those who committed misconduct.”
Among the participants in the roundtable in West Palm Beach, Florida, were Dr. Jay Battacharya of Stanford, Dr. Tracy Hoeg of University of California at Davis, former Harvard epidemiologist Martin Kulldorf, and author, podcaster and former science professor Bret Weinstein.
At a roundtable last Wednesday in the nation’s capital led by Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., acclaimed cardiologist Dr. Peter McCullough was among the health scientists calling for the COVID-19 vaccines to be immediately withdrawn.
At the DeSantis event Tuesday, Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo said the state also is initiating a program to study the incidence of myocarditis in people who died within weeks of receiving COVID-19 vaccination.
“This is going to be a surveillance study … working with some of our medical examiners in Florida. We’re also going to be working with the University of Florida so there will be a component that has more of a research or research forum to it, but we will answer this question,” Ladapo explained.
“It is a question that I’m sure keeps the CEOs of Pfizer and Moderna up late at night hoping no one ever looks, but we’re going to look here in Florida.”
DeSantis also announced the creation of a Public Health Integrity Committee “to assess recommendations and guidance related to public health and healthcare, but particularly being able to offer critical assessments of things that bureaucracies like the FDA, CDC, and NIH are doing.”
Earlier this month, DeSantis promised to hold Pfizer and Moderna accountable for falsely claiming their COVID-19 vaccines have had no serious side effects.
Meanwhile, the White House continues to urge Americans to get vaccinated.
“Even if you’ve gotten vaccinated or boosted, even if you’ve had COVID before – get the updated vaccine to protect you and your family ahead of the holidays,” the message read.
The unintended, overwhelmingly negative response to the tweet, however – known as a “ratio” – reflected the fact that only an estimated 13% of adults have chosen to get the bivalent, omicron-variant-specific booster.
The Washington Post reported last month “a majority of Americans dying from the coronavirus received at least the primary series of the vaccine.”
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee tests positive for COVID-19 for the third timeWashington Governor Jay Inslee tests positive for COVID-19 for the third time, the first in May 2022 and again this February.
- Fauci secretly visited CIA to ‘influence’ findings on COVID originsThe CIA brought in Dr. Anthony Fauci to its headquarters “without a record of entry” to help “influence” the agency’s review of the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a letter from the chairman of the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- Cancers erupting in ways ‘never before seen’ following COVID shotsAnother possible side effect of those COVID-19 shots demanded for Americans by many governments and employers during the pandemic has shown up, and it’s not good.
- Doctor censored by Biden administration calls out scheme of threats and ‘coercion’Francis Collins demanded a ‘swift and devastating takedown’ when experts in the field of medicine suggested that the Biden administration’s lockdowns, shutdowns, social distancing and masking demands weren’t really needed to deal with COVID-19.
- COVID skeptic Dr. David Martin: WHO is a ‘criminal cartel’In a recent video, COVID-19 skeptic Dr. David Martin states his opinions about the pandemic.
- CCRP adopts resolution affirming its support of individual informed consentThe Clark County Republican Party (CCRP) has adopted a resolution meant to tell politicians that they are serious when it comes to informed medical consent.
- WA DOH replaces COVID-19 data dashboard with respiratory illness data dashboardThe Washington State Department of Health on Monday announced the retirement of its COVID-19 dashboard, with a replacement that shows data about multiple respiratory illnesses.
- State’s surgeon general issues COVID booster warningFlorida’s surgeon general, Dr. Joseph Ladapo, advised that anyone under 65 years of age should not get COVID-19 booster vaccines.