Deadline for nominations is Tue., Oct. 30
CLARK COUNTY — The Clark County Arts Commission is seeking nominations for its annual Lifetime Achievement Award, which recognizes an artist who lives or works in the county and has made a significant contribution to local, national or international arts and culture. Individuals or groups may be nominated.
To be eligible, a nominee must be:
- A current resident or previous longtime resident of Clark County
- At least 60 years old
- Active in or recently retired from a field such as visual arts, dance, filmmaking, acting, music, architecture, literary arts, graphic arts, art education or art advocacy
A nomination packet should include the artist’s relevant biography, name, address, contact information and one personal reference with contact information. It must discuss the following topics:
- The quality and quantity of distinguished service that has influenced the development of cultural life in Clark County
- Arts advocacy that indicates leadership, inspiration and innovation
- Vision of future arts development in Clark County
- Initiative and implementation
The submission also must include any relevant supplemental materials such as a website, brochures, galleries, studios, books, videos or films. Include photographic representations of work only if the artist does not have a website.
A committee of current commission board members will review the nominations and select a recipient.
Nomination deadline is 5 p.m. Tue., Oct. 30. Send all nominations to email@example.com.
Each person submitting a nomination will be contacted no later than Tue., Nov. 20, regarding its status. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.