The award is presented to an exceptional teacher in Southwest Washington every year
VANCOUVER — Nominations are now being accepted for ESD 112’s 2021 Teacher of the Year award. The award is presented to an exceptional teacher in Southwest Washington every year. The winner of the regional award will proceed to the Washington State Teacher of the Year competition in September.
Amy Campbell of Camas School District was selected in 2020 as both the ESD 112 region and Washington State Teacher of the Year. Campbell is a special education teacher whose work is heavily focused on building inclusive practices in the classroom and throughout the entire school system. For Campbell, the Teacher of the Year recognition and professional development opportunities have helped her grow in ways she couldn’t have imagined.
“Being nominated by my district as Teacher of the Year has been the highest honor of my career,” said Campbell. “It has been a great opportunity for self-reflection, personal growth, and professional development…I now feel more prepared to take on teacher leadership roles and am excited to bring my experiences back to the classroom where all my future students will benefit.”
Teacher of the Year Selection Criteria:
- The teacher has the respect of their community.
- The teacher is knowledgeable in their field and guides students of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve excellence.
- The teacher collaborates with colleagues, students, and families to create a school culture of respect and success.
- The teacher deliberately connects the classroom and key stakeholders to foster a strong community at large.
- The teacher demonstrates leadership and innovation inside and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning.
- The teacher expresses themselves in an engaging and effective way.
The Teacher of the Year award is the highest honor a teacher can receive in Washington. School districts and community members are encouraged to submit nominations for exceptional teachers in their community using the Teacher of the Year nomination form from OSPI. The deadline for nominations is March 1, 2020.
For more information on Teacher of the Year Amy Campbell, visit https://www.esd112.org/news/camas-teacher-wins-state-teacher-of-the-year-award/. To read about all of Washington’s 2020 regional award winners, visit https://www.k12.wa.us/educator-support/awards-recognition/educator-awards/teacher-year/state-and-regional/2020.
Information provided by Educational Service District 112.