Applicants should have interest, experience or knowledge in history; historic preservation, rehabilitation or restoration; architecture or related disciplines
VANCOUVER – Clark County is seeking applicants for one vacancy on the Clark County Historic Preservation Commission. The term is for three years and begins July 1.
The seven-member commission is responsible for:
• Reviewing nominations to the National Register of Historic Places
• Reviewing nominations and designating properties to the Clark County Heritage Register
• Conducting design review for changes to buildings and sites on the local register
• Reviewing and deciding applications for the Special Valuation Tax Incentive for historic properties
• Overseeing education and outreach
The commission typically meets at 6 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at the Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St.
Applicants should have interest, experience or knowledge in history; historic preservation, rehabilitation or restoration; architecture or related disciplines such as planning, American studies or cultural anthropology, archaeology or geography.
Video courtesy of Clark County Community Planning
To apply, submit a letter of interest and résumé to Michelle Pfenning, County Manager’s Office, PO Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000 or email@example.com.
Application deadline is 5 p.m. Fri., April 3, 2020.
For more information about the commission and the Historic Preservation program, please visit www.clark.wa.gov/planning/historic.
Information provided by Clark Co. WA Communications.