The new program is an inclusion model, connecting children with disabilities to their peers without disabilities
Parents can apply now for a new preschool program that will start this fall in Vancouver Public Schools. The half-day program is free and will be held at Ogden Elementary School.
The new program is an inclusion model, connecting children with disabilities to their peers without disabilities. Teachers will intentionally promote active engagement and social interaction among peers. The goal is for all students to achieve kindergarten-readiness skills in the most natural and inclusive setting.
- Free half-day program, four days per week
- For children who will be 3 or 4 years old by Aug. 31, 2020, and live in the boundaries of a Title I school
- Brings together children who have special needs with their typically developing peers in a collaborative setting
- Breakfast or lunch is provided.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Located at Ogden Elementary School
The application deadline is Fri., July 10. Call (360) 313-1266 for more information.
Information provided by Vancouver Public Schools.