District offered open letter to its families on Tuesday
VANCOUVER — Vancouver School District officials issued an open letter to its families on Tuesday. Here is a copy of that letter:
To our VPS community:
Thank you for your patience as we continue working through details related to the statewide closure ordered by Gov. Inslee. While we are still refining many areas of support, here’s what we know:
As announced last week, we are offering sack lunches at several locations. We’re also expanding the offerings to include food boxes while supplies last. Regardless of which school your child attends, you and your family are welcome to pick up food at no cost to you. Identification is not required.
Sack lunches are being given out Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and noon in front of the following schools.
- Anderson Elementary, 2215 NE 104th St.
- Fruit Valley Elementary, 3410 NW Fruit Valley Rd.
- Ogden Elementary School, 3200 NE 86th Ave.
- Roosevelt Elementary, 2921 Falk Rd.
- Washington Elementary School, 2908 S. St.
- Discovery Middle School, 800 E. 40th St.
- Jason Lee Middle School, 8500 NW 9th Ave.
- McLoughlin Middle School, 5802 MacArthur Blvd.
In addition, food pantry boxes will be provided while supplies last from 10 to 11 a.m. via drive-through or walk-up at the following locations:
- Anderson—Wednesday, March 18
- Minnehaha—Wednesday, March 18
- Harney—Thursday, March 19
- Walnut Grove Church (across the street from Walnut Grove Elementary)—Thursday, March 19
- Ogden—Thursday, March 19
Clark County Food Bank has compiled a list of additional resources:
- Food pantries: https://www.clarkcountyfoodbank.org/foodpantrysites
- Hot meal sites: https://www.clarkcountyfoodbank.org/preparedmealsites
Additionally, school offices will be open on a limited schedule through Friday. If your child has medication at their school, please contact the school’s office to arrange a pick-up time. School staff will follow social distancing protocols to return the medication to you safely.
VPS has created a list of online resources that are posted on its website. Use of these resources is not required. The purpose is to provide access to resources for all students away from the school setting.
We will remain in communication with you and continue to post information on our website.
Information provided by Vancouver Public Schools.