Families with children who are five years of age by Aug. 31, should start the enrollment process now.
School districts across Southwest Washington are now enrolling kindergarten students for the 2021-22 school year. While school may continue to look different in some respects because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, classes (a combination of both in-person and remote learning) will still begin in the fall.
Families with children who are five years of age by Aug. 31, should start the enrollment process now. Begin by checking the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) website in your county of residence (link to Clark County GIS site is included here) to determine your assigned school district. Then contact that school district to determine specific enrollment steps. In most cases, kindergarten enrollment can be completed online.
After a child has been registered for kindergarten in their assigned district, most districts conduct a school visit, but during the pandemic this visitation may be conducted virtually. You can find out a district’s process and protocols by getting in touch with your district of residence.
Clark County School District contact information:
- Vancouver Public Schools: Visit https://vansd.org/kindergarten to register online and for more information, including summer Kindergarten Jump Start.
- Evergreen Public Schools Elementary Education: Evergreen Kindergarten enrollment (360) 604-4024
- Washougal School District: http://www.washougal.k12.wa.us/new-student-enrollment/
- Camas School District: http://www.camas.wednet.edu/schools-resources/resources/new-student-registration/
- Battle Ground Public Schools:https://www.battlegroundps.org/kindergarten-enrollment/
- Hockinson School District: https://www.hocksd.org/Content/onlineenrollment
- Ridgefield School District: https://www.ridgefieldsd.org/article/434582?org=district
- Woodland School District: Student enrollment Webpage or contact Jody Brentin, District Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 841-2707
- La Center School District: https://www.lacenterschools.org/lces-kindergarten-enrollment/
Information provided by Educational Service District 112.
Families should also be aware that while they are able to enroll children who will be 5 this coming fall in kindergarten, Washington does not mandate enrollment at that age. Parents are free to delay school enrollment, homeschool or pursue any other educational options they deem appropriate until a child reaches the age of 8. https://washhomeschool.org/attention-mothers-of-children-under-the-age-of-8/