Any child who will be five years old before Sept. 1, 2023 is eligible to enter kindergarten in the fall
It’s time to enroll in the Class of 2036! Online enrollment is open for kindergartners who will attend Ridgefield School District next year. Any child who will be five years old before Sept. 1, 2023 is eligible to enter kindergarten in the fall.
Parents will need proof of their child’s birth date (such as a birth certificate) and a signed and completed Washington state Certificate of Immunization Status form. Note that for students entering school in the fall, the State of Washington requires that immunization records be medically verified.
Families can find out which school their child will attend by using the Clark County Property Information Center and searching by address. Parents/guardians must enroll their children at the school assigned to their address, even if they plan to request a boundary exception.
Enrolled students and their families are invited to attend a kindergarten orientation at their child’s school. These orientations are a time for you and your child to get to know your school and to learn more about the kindergarten program. Enrolling your child prior to these orientations is a key step in being prepared for the school year, and helps the district plan for the number of teachers and classrooms it will need to serve our youngest students.
Please enroll your 2023-24 kindergartner online now so that you can attend a kindergarten welcome orientation at your school. Orientations will be held on the following dates and times:
• South Ridge Elementary School Monday, April 24 and Monday, May 15, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the Building B Cafeteria
• Union Ridge Elementary School Thursday, May 11 (for last names A-M) and Tuesday, May 16 (for last names N-Z), 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
• Wisdom Ridge Academy Open House (for all grade levels, K-12) Wednesday, April 19 from 3 to 5 p.m. at 5645 S. 11th Street, Suite A101.
Online enrollment for kindergartners is now open:
Find which school your child will attend: https://gis.clark.wa.gov/gishome/property/index.cfm
Key dates for the 2023-24 school year:
RSD’s Early Learning Center preschool:
Open enrollment for School-Aged Before & After Care:
- Area children participate in annual Shop With A Cop eventAt this year’s Shop With a Cop event, volunteers included officers from Vancouver Police Department, Battle Ground Police Department, Clark County Sheriff’s Office and Washington State Patrol.
- Journey Theater presents The Wizard of OzThe story of Dorothy traveling to the Land of Oz will be told by Journey Theater’s performance of the Wizard of Oz, with six shows, starting with opening night on Friday, Dec. 8.
- Students get experience on heavy equipment at Evergreen High School’s Dig DayBulldozers, excavators, and more were on campus at Evergreen High School, next to the Skilled Trades Center, to offer students the opportunity to get behind the wheel and operate heavy machinery, all part of Dig Day.
- Port CEO shares future plans with Washougal High School studentsWhen Physical Science students at Washougal High School asked about flooding and impacts for businesses near the Columbia River, their teacher saw an opportunity to bring in a guest with answers.
- Journey Theater presents Willy WonkaJourney Theater, a Jesus-centered theater program for talented youth in Clark County, is presenting the musical Willy Wonka, with performances over two weekends at Fort Vancouver High School.