Local theater program will have six performance of award-winning musical
A musical that has won 47 international awards and continues to thrill audiences of all ages will be performed by Journey Theater, with opening night set for Aug. 4 at the Garver Theater in Camas.
Roald Dahl’s “Matilda The Musical” is the captivating masterpiece that revels in the anarchy of childhood, the power of imagination, and in the inspiring story of a girl who dreams of a better life.
Journey will present Matilda beginning Aug. 4 at 7 p.m. That will be followed by two shows on Saturday, Aug. 5, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. The 2 p.m. show is an ASL interpreted presentation.
Matilda will return the following week with shows from Aug. 10-12. Thursday and Friday shows will begin at 7 p.m. The Saturday show on Aug. 12 is a 2 p.m. start.
Tickets are on sale at https://journeytheater.org/ or by calling 360-750-8550. Adult tickets are $25. Youth and senior tickets are $20. Tickets for all performances are $2 more at the door.
Journey Theater is a Jesus-centered nonprofit theater arts program that exists to grow youth and their families in character and purpose to be difference-makers in their world. Journey has been serving Clark County since 2002.
- Volunteers’ gardening shed gets overdue makeoverEagle Scout Harris Royer transforms Parker’s Landing Historical Park, ensuring tree grove’s hydration & organizing garden shed for volunteers.
- Parker’s Landing Historical Park benefits from an Eagle Scout projectEagle Scout Harris Royer enhances Parker’s Landing Historical Park by expanding tree access to water, refurbishing garden shed, and rallying volunteers for park preservation.
- Camas High School students create STEM Scholars, a mentorship programThree students from Camas created STEM Scholars, which brings volunteers from all over the country to one learning platform on the internet, giving high school students the opportunity to mentor K-8 students who are studying Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Journey Theater to perform ‘Matilda The Musical’ beginning Aug. 4Journey Theater, a Jesus-centered nonprofit, will be presenting a classic, Matilda The Musical, beginning Aug. 4 at Garver Theater in Camas.
- Woodland High School graduates earn Washington State Seal of Biliteracy celebrating linguistic achievementGraduates from Woodland High School earn Washington State Seal of Biliteracy, showcasing proficiency in English and one or more world languages through a rigorous assessment, opening doors to enhanced job opportunities and enriched personal relationships.