Opening night is Friday at Parkrose High School in Portland
Journey Theater is proud to present Disney’s The Little Mermaid, with a cast of children and adults from the local area.
Based on the beloved story by Hans Christian Andersen and the animated film, Disney’s The Little Mermaid became an instant classic when it premiered in 1989. It became a Broadway production in 2008.
Journey’s production includes the timeless songs: “Under the Sea,” “Kiss the Girl,” and “Part of Your World.”
Performances are July 29 through Aug. 6 at Parkrose High School in Portland. Tickets are on sale now at journeytheater.org or by calling (360) 750-8550. Pre-sale adult tickets are $22. Youth and senior tickets are $15. Tickets for all performances will be $2 more at the door.
Opening night is Friday, July 29 at 7 p.m. There are 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. shows on July 30. The show returns Aug 4 and 5 at 7 p.m., and closes out with 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. performances on Aug. 6.
Journey Theater, based in Vancouver, is a non-profit, Jesus-centered theater arts program that exists to grow youth and their families in character and purpose to be difference-makers in their world.
- Morgan Greco: The crowning of Miss America’s Outstanding TeenMorgan Greco, who will be a junior at Camas High School, was crowned Miss America’s Outstanding Teen last week at a ceremony in Dallas, becoming the second winner from Clark County.
- Woodland Public Schools welcomes students back to school on Tue., Aug. 30As the start of the school year nears on Tue., Aug. 30, Woodland Public Schools welcomes students and their families back to school for the 2022-23 year with the following information, resources, and upcoming events.
- Foundation for Vancouver Public Schools announces $60,000 in engagement grants to benefit all studentsA common theme was a desire to connect classroom learning with hands-on ‘real world experiences,’ often outdoors.
- Superintendent Reykdal releases plan for work experience in school to contribute to graduationStudents will be allowed to earn up to four elective credits through work experience, and no more than two of those credits may be earned in a year
- Middle school sports options expanding for Battle Ground studentsMore students will have access to more options this year as Battle Ground Public Schools continues its rollout of middle school sports.