Opening night is Friday at Washougal High School
First grade is full of drama.
And, in this case, music, too.
Journey Theater is proud to present Junie B. Jones the Musical, with opening night Friday at Washougal High School.
A lot of things are going on in Junie B’s life as she enters the first grade. Her best friend doesn’t want to be her best friend anymore. Junie also met a new kid on the school bus. Junie’s teacher, Mr. Scary, thinks she might need glasses. Plus there is a friendly cafeteria lady, a kickball tournament, and a “Top-Secret Person Beeswax Journal.”
Journey Theater is a Jesus-centered nonprofit theater arts program that exists to grow youth and their families in characters and purpose to be difference-makers in their world. Journey has been serving Clark County for more than 20 years.
There will be six performances of Junie B. Jones the Musical. Opening night is 7 p.m. Friday, March 17, followed by a 2 p.m. show Saturday and a 7 p.m. show Saturday night, March 18. The show returns the following week at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 22, with two shows on Saturday March 25.
Tickets are on sale at journeytheater.org or by calling (360) 750-8550. Adult tickets are $17. Youth and senior tickets are $14. Tickets are $2 more at the door.
- Public invited to Shangri-La Farm for a country-style Easter egg hunt Sat., April 8Local artist and Clark County Master Gardener Liz Pike is organizing the second annual community Easter egg hunt at her organic Shangri-La Farm in Fern Prairie on Sat., April 8.
- Woodland student from TEAM High School organizes Poetry Slam for classmates to share inspiring poetryLue Morgan, a senior at Woodland Public Schools’ alternative TEAM High School, organized an evening poetry slam as a way for them and their classmates to have an opportunity to share their creativity and to have their voices heard on the evening of March 1.
- Ridgefield High School thespians earn state honorsRidgefield High School’s Thespian Troupe 8635 earned Gold Honor Troupe status at the State Thespian Festival held at Western Washington University in Bellingham last week.
- A Sport for the Mind: Knowledge Bowl competitions ramp up at Jemtegaard Middle SchoolKnowledge Bowl competitions are in full swing at Jemtegaard Middle School (JMS) in Washougal.
- Young Life to host informational meetings this week in Battle GroundYoung Life, which has the goal of building authentic friendships with teens and introducing them to Jesus, is looking to open a club in the Battle Ground area and will be holding meetings this week.