Opening night is Friday at Washougal High School
First grade is full of drama.
And, in this case, music, too.
Journey Theater is proud to present Junie B. Jones the Musical, with opening night Friday at Washougal High School.
A lot of things are going on in Junie B’s life as she enters the first grade. Her best friend doesn’t want to be her best friend anymore. Junie also met a new kid on the school bus. Junie’s teacher, Mr. Scary, thinks she might need glasses. Plus there is a friendly cafeteria lady, a kickball tournament, and a “Top-Secret Person Beeswax Journal.”
Journey Theater is a Jesus-centered nonprofit theater arts program that exists to grow youth and their families in characters and purpose to be difference-makers in their world. Journey has been serving Clark County for more than 20 years.
There will be six performances of Junie B. Jones the Musical. Opening night is 7 p.m. Friday, March 17, followed by a 2 p.m. show Saturday and a 7 p.m. show Saturday night, March 18. The show returns the following week at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 22, with two shows on Saturday March 25.
Tickets are on sale at journeytheater.org or by calling (360) 750-8550. Adult tickets are $17. Youth and senior tickets are $14. Tickets are $2 more at the door.
- Students get experience on heavy equipment at Evergreen High School’s Dig DayBulldozers, excavators, and more were on campus at Evergreen High School, next to the Skilled Trades Center, to offer students the opportunity to get behind the wheel and operate heavy machinery, all part of Dig Day.
- Port CEO shares future plans with Washougal High School studentsWhen Physical Science students at Washougal High School asked about flooding and impacts for businesses near the Columbia River, their teacher saw an opportunity to bring in a guest with answers.
- Journey Theater presents Willy WonkaJourney Theater, a Jesus-centered theater program for talented youth in Clark County, is presenting the musical Willy Wonka, with performances over two weekends at Fort Vancouver High School.
- Battle Ground High School presents ‘One Stoplight Town’ in fall drama productionBattle Ground High School Drama will present ‘One Stoplight Town,’ a play based on the book by Tracy Wells.
- Ridgefield High School senior Asher Anderson named National Merit Scholarship SemifinalistRidgefield High School senior Asher Anderson has been named a semifinalist for the prestigious National Merit Scholarship program.