The group will help guide the district’s equity transformation process
VANCOUVER — Evergreen Public Schools is opening an application process for a new Equity Advisory Committee, which will consist of 10-12 members, including high school students representing historically underserved populations, as well as multiple stakeholder groups.
The application deadline for the committee was recently extended through Sept. 23, 2020. Interested individuals can apply here.
The committee will advise the district’s Equity Leadership Team in identifying and eliminating systems, policies, procedures and practices that create inequities amongst students and staff.
Once selected, the committee’s first two tasks will be to:
- Compose and propose next steps for phase two of the district’s Equity Transformation based on the data from an Equity Audit which is due to be completed this coming November. (Details on phase one of the Equity Transformation can be found here)
- Draft an Equity Policy and Racial Equity Lens for the district.
Applicants will need to meet the following requirements:
- Attend evening meetings (virtual or in-person dependent on current COVID-19 conditions) once every two months, for 1-3 hours, depending on the tasks at hand.
- Agree to the minimum time commitment in order to maintain consistent committee input and product by attending 5 out of 6 meetings for at least 75% of the meeting time.
- Must be the parent/guardian of a current Evergreen public Schools student, work for the district, or work for an organization that provides/offers services, supports, and/or resources to students in the district.
- Serve two consecutive years (September 2020-September 2022) and then must re-apply.
To apply, complete the application online, and then write a 250-500 word email to Bridget Beaudoin, the executive secretary to the district’s director of equity and inclusion, answering the following question:
“I want to be a part of Evergreen Public Schools’ District Equity Advisory Committee because…. and here are the skills or insight I can contribute to the committee…”
(Please include your name, email address and phone number at the top of the response)
Evergreen Public Schools contributed to this report