Summer is the perfect time for children to get creative and stay active
Battle Ground Parks & Recreation is once again partnering with Clark County Family YMCA to offer summer day camps at the Battle Ground Community Center.
The YMCA day camps, designed for kids ages 4-6 and 7-12, provide fun, child-centered activities and opportunities for learning through discovery. Themed camps include Dance Fitness Camp, Cooking Camps, and a variety of STEM Camps (Lego Engineering, Star Wars Coding with Legos, and Stop Motion Animation).
“Our partnership with the YMCA is a great fit for Battle Ground,” said Battle Ground Recreation & Facilities Manager Kim Cederholm. “We are thrilled to utilize the Community Center to provide trusted YMCA programs that serve Battle Ground kids and families.”
YMCA Summer Day Camps will be hosted at the Battle Ground Community Center beginning the week of June 26 and continuing through August 11. Camps fill quickly – early registration is recommended.
Skyhawks Sports Camps
Keep your children active this summer as they enjoy a variety of youth sports offered by Skyhawks. Battle Ground Parks & Recreation has partnered with Skyhawks to bring sports camps and classes to Battle Ground’s Kiwanis Park this summer.
Skyhawks provides a wide variety of fun, safe, and positive programs that emphasize critical lessons in sports and life, such as teamwork, respect, and sportsmanship. Programs are designed to give each child a positive introduction to sports while fostering a lifelong love for an active, healthy lifestyle. A variety of week-long camps in Battle Ground are offered to kids aged 4–6 and 7–12.
Kids will have the opportunity to enjoy learning about baseball, basketball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, and a variety of field games such as capture the flag, dodgeball, and ultimate frisbee! Sessions start July 5 and run through August 4.
Jump Start Gymnastics Summer Camp
Watch your littles enjoy the fun and excitement of gymnastics! Open to children ages 2-6, Jump Start Gymnastics offers high quality instruction on a variety of gymnastics events including bars, balance beam, and trampoline.
Your child(ren) will learn balance, strength, and flexibility, while building their confidence in this dynamic sport. Jump Start Gymnastics Summer camp will be held at the Battle Ground Community Center (912 E Main Street) and will run from August 14-18 from 9 a.m.–noon.
Battle Ground Summer Playground Program
With the end of the school year approaching, the Battle Ground Parks & Recreation staff is preparing for another exciting Summer Playground program!
This FREE 8-week program, designed for children aged 4-12, brings fun summer activities to Battle Ground parks each week. The first session begins Tuesday, June 27, and features the “Best Buds” theme for all kiddos wild about flowers! Each week will feature a different themed activity and provides children the opportunity to play games and create arts and crafts projects.
No need to register, just come outside and play!
Sessions are held:
- Tuesdays: 10 a.m. -noon at Kiwanis Park (422 SW 2nd Ave)
- Tuesdays: 1:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. at Cresap Park (1911 SE 2nd Place)
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m. -noon at Whispering Pines Park (715 NE 27th St.)
- Wednesdays: 1:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. at Kiwanis Park (422 SW 2nd Ave)
- Thursdays: 10 a.m. -noon at Florence Robison Park -South (1900 NW 9th St.)
The full Summer Playground schedule listing weekly themed activities and locations is available on the city’s website at www.cityofbg.org/recreation. The Summer Playground program is made possible by grant funding from Riverview Community Bank and our partnership with the Clark County Parks Foundation. For more information, contact Battle Ground Parks & Recreation at (360) 342-5380.
Summer is the perfect time for children to get creative and stay active. The city of Battle Ground’s expanding programs and partnerships give Battle Ground kids that opportunity right here in their own community.
Visit Battle Ground Parks & Recreation for the latest updates and full details on these and all of the City’s recreation programs. You may also subscribe to the Parks & Recreation calendar to be notified of upcoming programs and events.
Information provided by city of Battle Ground.
- Lemonade Day Junior Market brings kid-owned brands to downtown VancouverLemonade Day’s Junior Market showcases over 150 kid-owned businesses, including Beaded Besties and Skin Treats, where young entrepreneurs aged six to 16 sell their creative homemade and handmade products, displaying the business skills they learned through the Lemonade Day program.
- Woodland’s elementary students studied macroinvertebrates and explored the Columbia River at the Ridgefield Wildlife RefugeWoodland Public Schools’ elementary students engage in hands-on science experiments and canoe explorations, funded by a grant from the Lower Columbia Estuary Partnership, fostering interdisciplinary learning and a holistic educational experience.
- Washougal High School students gain job experience in Gause Elementary classroomsWashougal High School students gain valuable career experience by assisting in classrooms at Gause Elementary School, exploring potential paths in education while earning credits. Child Development & Education is a part of the Career & Technical Education (CTE) program at Washougal High School.
- Battle Ground brimming with summer fun for childrenBattle Ground Parks & Recreation in partnership with Clark County Family YMCA is offering summer day camps and various sports programs for kids in Battle Ground, providing opportunities for fun, learning, and staying active in the community.
- Woodland’s Columbia Elementary School Drama Club filmed and released its first video productionWoodland students at Columbia Elementary School captivate their audience with a premiere of “Kindergarten Justice,” a short film created by the after-school drama club, highlighting the importance of performing arts in fostering confidence, creativity, and communication skills among students.