Summer is the perfect time for children to get creative and stay active
Battle Ground Parks & Recreation is once again partnering with Clark County Family YMCA to offer summer day camps at the Battle Ground Community Center.
The YMCA day camps, designed for kids ages 4-6 and 7-12, provide fun, child-centered activities and opportunities for learning through discovery. Themed camps include Dance Fitness Camp, Cooking Camps, and a variety of STEM Camps (Lego Engineering, Star Wars Coding with Legos, and Stop Motion Animation).
“Our partnership with the YMCA is a great fit for Battle Ground,” said Battle Ground Recreation & Facilities Manager Kim Cederholm. “We are thrilled to utilize the Community Center to provide trusted YMCA programs that serve Battle Ground kids and families.”
YMCA Summer Day Camps will be hosted at the Battle Ground Community Center beginning the week of June 26 and continuing through August 11. Camps fill quickly – early registration is recommended.
Skyhawks Sports Camps
Keep your children active this summer as they enjoy a variety of youth sports offered by Skyhawks. Battle Ground Parks & Recreation has partnered with Skyhawks to bring sports camps and classes to Battle Ground’s Kiwanis Park this summer.
Skyhawks provides a wide variety of fun, safe, and positive programs that emphasize critical lessons in sports and life, such as teamwork, respect, and sportsmanship. Programs are designed to give each child a positive introduction to sports while fostering a lifelong love for an active, healthy lifestyle. A variety of week-long camps in Battle Ground are offered to kids aged 4–6 and 7–12.
Kids will have the opportunity to enjoy learning about baseball, basketball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, and a variety of field games such as capture the flag, dodgeball, and ultimate frisbee! Sessions start July 5 and run through August 4.
Jump Start Gymnastics Summer Camp
Watch your littles enjoy the fun and excitement of gymnastics! Open to children ages 2-6, Jump Start Gymnastics offers high quality instruction on a variety of gymnastics events including bars, balance beam, and trampoline.
Your child(ren) will learn balance, strength, and flexibility, while building their confidence in this dynamic sport. Jump Start Gymnastics Summer camp will be held at the Battle Ground Community Center (912 E Main Street) and will run from August 14-18 from 9 a.m.–noon.
Battle Ground Summer Playground Program
With the end of the school year approaching, the Battle Ground Parks & Recreation staff is preparing for another exciting Summer Playground program!
This FREE 8-week program, designed for children aged 4-12, brings fun summer activities to Battle Ground parks each week. The first session begins Tuesday, June 27, and features the “Best Buds” theme for all kiddos wild about flowers! Each week will feature a different themed activity and provides children the opportunity to play games and create arts and crafts projects.
No need to register, just come outside and play!
Sessions are held:
- Tuesdays: 10 a.m. -noon at Kiwanis Park (422 SW 2nd Ave)
- Tuesdays: 1:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. at Cresap Park (1911 SE 2nd Place)
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m. -noon at Whispering Pines Park (715 NE 27th St.)
- Wednesdays: 1:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. at Kiwanis Park (422 SW 2nd Ave)
- Thursdays: 10 a.m. -noon at Florence Robison Park -South (1900 NW 9th St.)
The full Summer Playground schedule listing weekly themed activities and locations is available on the city’s website at www.cityofbg.org/recreation. The Summer Playground program is made possible by grant funding from Riverview Community Bank and our partnership with the Clark County Parks Foundation. For more information, contact Battle Ground Parks & Recreation at (360) 342-5380.
Summer is the perfect time for children to get creative and stay active. The city of Battle Ground’s expanding programs and partnerships give Battle Ground kids that opportunity right here in their own community.
Visit Battle Ground Parks & Recreation for the latest updates and full details on these and all of the City’s recreation programs. You may also subscribe to the Parks & Recreation calendar to be notified of upcoming programs and events.
Information provided by city of Battle Ground.
- Volunteers’ gardening shed gets overdue makeoverEagle Scout Harris Royer transforms Parker’s Landing Historical Park, ensuring tree grove’s hydration & organizing garden shed for volunteers.
- Parker’s Landing Historical Park benefits from an Eagle Scout projectEagle Scout Harris Royer enhances Parker’s Landing Historical Park by expanding tree access to water, refurbishing garden shed, and rallying volunteers for park preservation.
- Camas High School students create STEM Scholars, a mentorship programThree students from Camas created STEM Scholars, which brings volunteers from all over the country to one learning platform on the internet, giving high school students the opportunity to mentor K-8 students who are studying Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Journey Theater to perform ‘Matilda The Musical’ beginning Aug. 4Journey Theater, a Jesus-centered nonprofit, will be presenting a classic, Matilda The Musical, beginning Aug. 4 at Garver Theater in Camas.
- Woodland High School graduates earn Washington State Seal of Biliteracy celebrating linguistic achievementGraduates from Woodland High School earn Washington State Seal of Biliteracy, showcasing proficiency in English and one or more world languages through a rigorous assessment, opening doors to enhanced job opportunities and enriched personal relationships.