No statistically significant difference from surgical masks
WND News Center
A new peer-reviewed, randomized controlled trial found no statistically significant difference between the performance of surgical masks and the highly touted N95s against SARS-CoV-2 infection.
The finding published in the Annals of Internal Medicine undermines the federal government’s pivot from accepting cloth masks to advocating N95s amid calls to reimpose mask mandates in schools and other settings, Just the News reported.
Previous randomized control studies had indicated masks in general offer little or no protection from COVID-19, including a Danish study published by AIM finding no statistically significant difference between surgical and no-mask wearers. A much larger Yale study in Bangladesh found no statistically significance difference for every age group under 50.
In the new study comparing surgical masks with N95s, researchers at McMaster University in Canada drew real-world data from health-care facilities in Canada, Israel, Pakistan and Egypt.
Among the funders of the study were the Canadian government and World Health Organization, which opposes masking young children.
The U.S. government, under Dr. Anthony Fauci’s leadership, has advocating masking for children as young as 2.
However, during a deposition in a joint lawsuit filed by Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry, Fauci was unable to cite any study backing his sudden change of position on the effectiveness of masks in curbing the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
A former adviser to the World Health Organization and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has compiled a list of more than 150 studies and articles presenting data and evidence that universal masking is ineffective in stopping the spread of SARS-CoV-2 and causes harm.
Former Biden COVID adviser Dr. Michael Osterholm of the University of Minnesota’s Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, attempted to discredit the findings of the new Canadian mask study.
In a report he argued infections may have occurred among the N95 mask-wearers outside the hospital, and only 81% of the N95 group reported wearing them “all the time.”
“We just don’t need another poorly designed and conducted study on this,” Osterholm said.
But others argued the study illustrates the difference between theory and real-world practice.
“As one doctor told me, ‘If you can wear an N95 for more than about 30 minutes you are wearing it wrong,'” tweeted George Mason University law professor Todd Zywicki.
Zywicki is known for successfully challenging GMU’s COVID vaccine mandate in court.
Attorney Newman Nahas argued the fact that the N95 provides superior filtration doesn’t mean it will make a real-world difference in the spread of COVID-19.
“Also illustrates that mechanistic evidence (here, of N95 superior filtration) doesn’t always = real-world significance,” lawyer and COVID policy critic Newman Nahas tweeted.
Just the News noted that the high rate of mask wearing in Japan –which also had a much higher rate of testing – doesn’t appear to have made a difference when compared to the U.S.
- ‘I collapsed’: Documentary stuns with life-altering COVID-shot injuriesA newly released documentary film is stunning its audience with overwhelming evidence of life-altering injuries from the COVID vaccines.
- Phone COVID-19 exposure notifications in Washington state have endedWashington State Department of Health ends program that sent COVID-19 exposure notifications to residents’ phones. With the recent end of the federal public health emergency, federal funding for a variety of pandemic-related programs has dried up.
- ‘Noxious and harmful’: New study shatters myth that masks protectA new study suggests that wearing COVID masks may have caused problems with high blood pressure, reduced thinking ability, increased respiratory problems, and the inhalation of excessive carbon dioxide, potentially leading to harmful effects on health.
- Gov. Inslee rescinds COVID-19 vaccine mandate for state employeesMore than 1,800 state employees were initially fired or voluntarily left their jobs for failing to comply with Inslee’s vaccine mandate.
- COVID tests declared unsafe, mass recall issuedFDA warns of bacterial infection risk and inaccurate results in a recall of SD Biosensor’s Pilot COVID-19 At-Home Tests distributed by Roche Diagnostics, affecting numerous lot numbers. The FDA reported that about 500,000 tests were distributed to CVS Health.
- Opinion: Federal vaccine mandate on employees is ending; Washington state’s remainsElizabeth Hovde believes the governor’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for remaining and future employees of small cabinet and executive agencies is misguided, discriminatory and outdated.
- ABC News censors Bobby Kennedy remarks critical of COVID vaccines‘Instead of journalism, the public saw a hatchet job.’
- Big Pharma under investigation for COVID-vaccine fraudTexas Attorney General Ken Paxton has launched an investigation into Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson for possible violations of the state’s Deceptive Trade Practices Act over alleged COVID vaccine fraud and misrepresentation of efficacy and safety of the vaccines.
I have an appointment at PH Vancouver tomorrow. Maybe I should take copies of this article for distribution and education.
What a great idea!
Two paragraphs in this article make it very clear:
“However, during a deposition in a joint lawsuit filed by Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry, Fauci was unable to cite any study backing his sudden change of position on the effectiveness of masks in curbing the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.”
“A former adviser to the World Health Organization and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has compiled a list of more than 150 studies and articles presenting data and evidence that universal masking is ineffective in stopping the spread of SARS-CoV-2 and causes harm.”
Viruses are simply too small in size to be impeded in any way by masks.
I sincerely hope you will at the very least succeed in planting the seed of doubt in the true believers’ minds
All the best!
Re: Masks. Its been proven adnauseum the masks were insignifigant in holding back the virus from spreading. Were as efficient as a chain link fence, holding back dust and dirt.
Viruses DO spread. They have for years, but the ULTRA public programming techniques, affected people, just as the ULTRA’S intended. The real impingement came with Mandates.
Even small children, teens, young adults with supercharged Immune Systems were forced to not breath correctly, OR see their friends smile for TWO YEARS! The ULTRA’S also claimed the Vacx was the only way to stop the spread. We all know how that turned out. Quite the contrare’.
The bigger question here now, is: “Where do we go from here?” Because murmurings about a rerun or do over may be in the offing? How did we get here when it is a known fact CV-19 can’t even be a virus because it has never been isolated. Is this where we circle back? I am getting dizzy