More than 180 area children participated in the 12th annual Shop With a Cop event Saturday at the Woodland Walmart
More than 180 area children participated in the annual Shop With a Cop event at the Woodland Walmart Saturday (Dec. 10). It was the 12th year the event was held.
Each of the children were given $100 to shop for Christmas gifts for themselves and family members. The children were accompanied by approximately 40 officers from area law enforcement agencies.
The agencies that participated in this year’s event included the Woodland Police Department, Ridgefield Police Department, Kalama Police Department, Cowlitz Tribal Police, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, Washington Department of Corrections, Vancouver Police Department and the Washington State Patrol.
- High school football: Defense sets the stage for Mountain View victorySure, there were nine touchdowns scored in Mountain View’s win over Evergreen, but defensive gems, especially early in the game, led the Thunder to a victory in the Class 3A Greater St. Helens League.
- Camas Lake Water Management Plan to clean lakes revealedCamas City Unveils $4.1 Million 10-Year Water Management Plan for Lacamas Lake, Targeting Phosphorus Pollution.
- Washington panel considers outlawing community notification of sex offendersThe State Sex Offender Policy Board is considering recommendations to the Legislature that could include making it illegal to notify communities when a sex offender moves into the area on the grounds that such policies undermine public safety.
- Opinion: Free-market health care innovations should be used to make lives better, not expand government powerElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center believes congressional and state policymakers need to find constructive solutions to concerns over new technologies in health care.
- Playground at LeRoy Haagen Memorial Park to close Monday for surfacing upgradeThe playground at LeRoy Haagen Memorial Park will temporarily close Monday (Oct. 2) and could remain closed through Fri., Oct. 20, to accommodate the installation of new poured-in-place rubber surfacing.
- Clark County Today Sports Podcast, Episode 15: A discussion on sideline behavior in regard to Seton Catholic-Stevenson issue; plus a look at rivalry gamesSeton Catholic and Stevenson officials have worked out a “positive resolution” to an issue the schools dealt with last week, plus the Mountain View-Evergreen rivalry is about to play its 50th football game.
- High school football: Milestone meeting between rivals Evergreen and Mountain ViewEvergreen and Mountain View renew their long football rivalry as the Class 3A Greater St. Helens League season begins in Week 5 of the the season.