Performance by local playwright David Bareford is the third production of Magenta Theater’s 20th anniversary season
Magenta Theater officials recently announced that tickets for the third production of its 20th anniversary celebration, Don Quixote de La Center, are currently on sale.
This world premiere play by a local playwright David Bareford is a loose adaptation of the novel Don Quixote de la Mancha, set in contemporary La Center, Washington at a group home for senior citizens. An aging resident decides he is a knight of old and embarks on misadventures comic and heartfelt as he and those around him grapple with dementia, identity, and what truly defines us.
The cast stars Magenta newcomers Christopher Cleveland as Don Quintero and Zane Jaeger as Jimmy, a worder in the group home. Returning to the Magenta stage and filling out the cast are actors David Roberts, Laura Henderson, Jason Litts, Jessica Moran, Reba Hoffman, and Carol Radkins. The show is under the direction of Alice Tanzillo, with author David Bareford providing creative insight.
Nine performances are scheduled for August 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, and 27 at 7:30 p.m. and August 14, 21, and 28 at 2 p.m.. Tickets are $20 in advance, $22 at the door (as available). Tickets available at www.magentatheater.com.
TICKET AND PERFORMANCE INFORMATION
When: August 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, and 27 at 7:30 p.m. (doors open at 7 p.m.) and August 14, 21, and 28 at 2 p.m. (doors open at 1:30 p.m.).
Where: Magenta Theater Company, 1108 Main Street, Vancouver, WA 98660
Tickets: $20 in advance, $22 at the door www.magentatheater.com/show-tickets
Box Office Contact: (360) 949-3098 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Press Contact: Kristen Bennett | email@example.com
Accessibility: Learn about accessibility options at magentatheater.com/accessibility.
- UPDATE: Joe Kent passes Jaime Herrera Beutler in 3rd Congressional District raceAfter Monday’s latest report, Kent leads the congresswoman by 813 votes in the race for the second spot in the Nov. 8 general election.
- Clark County Fair: Here’s the Aug. 9 scheduleClark County Today will list highlights of the next day’s schedule of the Clark County Fair throughout the fair’s 10-day run.
- Opinion: Washington state auditor identifies 62 federal audit findings against Washington agenciesJason Mercier of the Washington Policy Center points out that many of the violations were with accounting and use of federal COVID relief funds.
- Opinion: A win for healthy forestsIn her weekly column, Nancy Churchill discusses the recent Washington Supreme Court ruling that she feels is a win for the DNR, schools and the environment.
- WDFW launches 10-year strategy for managing recreation on WDFW-managed landsThe WDFW today announced the publication of its 10-year strategy for managing outdoor recreation on over 1 million acres of WDFW-managed lands.
- Opinion: Build Back Better ‘Light; passes the U.S. Senate – What it actually means for AmericansDr. Roger Stark of the Washington Policy Center states ‘the Democrats had no mandate from the American public to pass this disaster.’
- Vancouver Police investigate shootingA 34-year-old male was found with multiple gunshot wounds after a reported shooting Sunday evening.