Meals must be eaten on site; no paperwork is needed and no personal information is collected
Share’s Summer Meals program will operate June 20 to August 12 at 13 locations to provide free meals to all children and teens 18 and under. Meals must be eaten on site; no paperwork is needed and no personal information is collected.
“The goal of Share’s Summer Meals program is to provide support to families when school doors are closed, by providing a safe place for children to socialize and get a healthy meal,” said Becci Read-Ryan, meal and nutrition programs manager. “Nutrition is so important to overall wellness and quality of life. We strive to reduce barriers to food and give underserved populations the opportunity to access food they want to eat and food that will help them succeed.”
All meals sites, including dates and time during which meals will be served, can be viewed at sharevancouver.org/summer-meals-program; program information is also available in Spanish. Please note that no meals will be provided at any site location on July 4, in recognition of the national holiday. Additionally, some sites will not be open on June 20 in recognition of the Juneteenth holiday on June 19.
Share needs volunteers to prepare and deliver meals. For more information or to sign up for a volunteer shift, visit sharevancouver.org/volunteer/summer-meals-program-volunteer/ or contact Molly Evjen at email@example.com. Volunteers must be 12 years or older to volunteer in a commercial kitchen and volunteers under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Below is a list of program locations, dates, times and addresses.
|Locations||Dates||Service Days||Meal Service Time||Address|
|Fruit Valley ES||June 27 – July 22||Mon-Fri||Noon–12:30 p.m.||98680, 3410 NW Fruit Valley Rd, Vancouver, WA 98660|
|Orchards ES||June 27 – July 22||Mon-Fri||Noon–12:30 p.m.||11405 NE 69th St, Vancouver, WA 98662|
|Church at the Grove||June 20 – Aug 11||Mon-Th||11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.||6004 NE 72nd Ave, Vancouver, WA 98661|
|Covington Commons||June 21 – Aug 11||T,W,Th||11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.||9703 NE 73rd St, Vancouver, WA 98662|
|Crestline ES||June 21 – Aug 12||Mon-Fri||Noon-1 p.m.||13003 SE 7th St, Vancouver, WA 98683|
|Evergreen Park||June 21 – Aug 12||Mon-Fri||Noon-1 p.m.||3500 E 4th Plain Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98661|
|Hough ES||June 21 – Aug 12||Mon-Fri||Noon-1 p.m.||1900 Daniels St #2535, Vancouver, WA 98660|
|Isabella Court II||June 27 – Aug 11||Mon-Thur||Noon-1 p.m.||3112 NE 62nd Ave, Vancouver WA 98661|
|Prairie View Apartments||June 27 – Aug 12||Mon-Fri||Noon-1 p.m.||12611 NE 99th St, Vancouver, WA 98682|
|Sarah J Elementary||June 20 – Aug 12||Mon-Fri||Noon-1 p.m.||2215 NE 104th St #5641, Vancouver, WA 98686|
|Springfield Meadows||June 20 – Aug 12||Mon-Fri||Noon-1 p.m.||4317 NE 66th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98661|
|Vancouver Community Library (Downtown)||June 20 – Aug 12||Mon-Fri||Noon-1 p.m.||901 C St, Vancouver, WA 98660|
|YMCA of Columbia-Willamette||June 20 – Aug 12||Mon-Fri||Noon-1 p.m.||11324 NE 51st Cir, Vancouver, WA 98682|
Summer Meals is a federally funded, state-administered program that reimburses providers who serve free healthy meals to children and teens when school is not in session. No paperwork is required to receive meals and Share does not collect personal information. Share is an equal opportunity provider.
For more information on the Summer Meals program, contact Read-Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 553-8064.
Founded in 1979, Share’s mission is: Share believes every person counts. Together we pursue a stronger community by building relationships, advocating for equitable access to housing and food stability while empowering every individual to grow and thrive.
Share operates four shelters for those experiencing homelessness, an Affordable Housing and Stability program, Lincoln Place (a 30-unit Housing First model apartment complex), a street outreach program, a Housing & Essential Needs (HEN) program, Rent Well (a tenant education program), and Hot Meals, a daily meal program (breakfast, lunch and dinner) which is free and open to the community.
Share also operates a Summer Meals program that provides free meals to children 18 and under, and a Backpack program in partnership with 84 locals schools to provide weekly food bags to 850+ children and their families, as well as to distribute 25+ weekly pantry boxes and operate 18 fresh food pantries.
- WHS students win Jostens Renaissance Challenge with ‘Curbside Coffee’ celebrating school bus driversWashougal High School student leaders win national recognition, being the sole high school winner in a national leadership challenge organized by Jostens Renaissance Education, as they express gratitude to school bus drivers with hot chocolate and personalized thanks in a pre-Thanksgiving event.
- Beacock Music’s theater production raises funds for scholarship programBeacock Music, a pillar of the community since the 1970s, is producing ‘You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown’ in an effort to raise money for the Daryle Rustvold MusicForLife Scholarship Foundation.
- Police Activities League of Southwest Washington hosts Southwest Regional Shop with a Cop eventThe Police Activities League of Southwest Washington (PAL) hosted the “Southwest Regional Shop with a Cop” at the East Vancouver Target, providing around 100 youth from various districts the opportunity to shop with local law enforcement and take home wrapped gifts of their choosing, fostering positive interactions and relieving financial stress.
- Area children participate in annual Shop With A Cop eventAt this year’s Shop With a Cop event, volunteers included officers from Vancouver Police Department, Battle Ground Police Department, Clark County Sheriff’s Office and Washington State Patrol.
- Journey Theater presents The Wizard of OzThe story of Dorothy traveling to the Land of Oz will be told by Journey Theater’s performance of the Wizard of Oz, with six shows, starting with opening night on Friday, Dec. 8.