The week-long event starts on Sun., Sept. 27 and goes through First Friday, Oct. 2
CAMAS — Star Wars fans and those who love the fall will likely appreciate the activities of October First Friday in Downtown Camas. This year, both virtual activities and after-hours shopping, art shows and dining will be offered.
The theme is “Pumpkin Pageant & Star Wars Costume Contest!” and the week-long event starts on Sun., Sept. 27 and goes through First Friday, Oct. 2.
A new pumpkin or Star Wars-inspired game or activity will be posted on the Downtown Camas First Friday Facebook Page every morning and the winners from the activities throughout the week will be announced on the Facebook Live event on First Friday at 5 p.m. Watching and participating enters you to win downtown merchant gift cards and other prizes as well.
Here are the daily activities:
• Sunday: Star Wars Trivia and Caption This
• Monday: Autumn Word Search & Jumble and Seek & Find the Star Wars Characters in downtown
• Tuesday: Which Star Wars Episode?
• Wednesday: Pick & Pic! Choose your favorite Star Wars character and post a pic of a cool Star Wars inspired pumpkin
• Thursday: Post a pic of you in your Star Wars Costume. Prizes will be given for Best Adult and Best Kid Costume sponsored by iQ Credit Union
• Friday: Pumpkin Pageant Merchant Passport – virtual or in person. Artfully carved pumpkins will be on display on Thursday and Friday in participating merchant locations and you vote for your favorite (passports will be posted on Thursday morning and are due by 3 p.m. on Friday). The merchant that gets the most votes wins a prize.
Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar, and Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th, will also be open on First Friday, 5-8 p.m. with art shows and receptions in addition to a number of downtown merchants open late until 8 p.m. for shopping as well.
Participants have until 3 p.m. on First Friday to complete each of the activities to be entered to win downtown gift cards and prizes sponsored by the Downtown Camas Association and iQ Credit Union.
“We would of course love to be in downtown all together for this favorite First Friday theme but this will still be a fun way to engage!” says Carrie Schulstad, the executive director of the DCA. “We love the fall and we love Star Wars and have such creative merchants doing the pumpkin pageant. We thank iQ Credit Union for continuing to sponsor the costume contest as they have for many years. It’s a joy for us to see what people post and contribute.”
All the First Friday details and instructions can be found here: https://downtowncamas.com/event/october-first-friday-pumpkin-pageant-costume-contest and on the daily posts on the Downtown Camas First Friday page starting Sun., Sept. 27.
The DCA and iQ Credit Union are donating all the gift cards and other prizes to support downtown businesses during this time.
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop the community and are being held partially virtually until fully in-person First Friday events are again possible.