Activities during the week will be virtual, there will be after hours shopping, dining and art shows downtown on First Friday
Even during a pandemic year, members of the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) believe there is a lot to be grateful for and the November First Friday Week in Downtown Camas will highlight this with gratitude activities and lots of pie.
The annual November First Friday “Thankful for Pie!” theme has been adapted slightly this year to “Thankful for You! (and pie!)” since members of the DCA want to show how grateful they are for all the support of Downtown Camas. They also want to continue to celebrate with pie as well.
Activities during the week will be virtual, there will be after hours shopping, dining and art shows downtown on First Friday, and there will be many chances to win pie from downtown restaurants all week.
A new game or activity will be posted on the Downtown Camas First Friday Facebook Page every morning Nov. 1–Nov. 6 and the winners from the activities throughout the week will be announced on the Facebook Live event on First Friday at 5 p.m. Those watching will have lots more chances to win for responding during the Facebook Live.
First Friday will also kick off the Pie, Oh My Event in Downtown Camas. Participating restaurants will have a featured pie option all week, Nov 6-13.
Here are the daily First Friday “week” activities:
• Sunday: Autumn Word Search
• Monday: Post your favorite fall or family recipe
• Tuesday: Post a picture of something you are grateful for
• Wednesday: Pick & Pic! Pick your favorite item in the post and then Post a picture of an artful pie – it can be one you made or one you found on the web.
• Thursday: Post a word that represents gratitude to you. Bonus Pie Raffle: Private Message on the First Friday FB page on Thur with the words “pie raffle” and be entered to win a pie during the FB Live on Friday
• Friday: Two different passports:
o Virtual Turkey Seek & Find Merchant Passport
o Downtown Merchant In-Store Passport where you can win dinner and a movie in Downtown Camas
Participants have until 3 p.m. on First Friday to complete each of the daily activities to be entered to win downtown gift cards and prizes sponsored by the Downtown Camas Association. And, they have until 9 p.m. on First Friday to post their in-store merchant passport to be entered to win Dinner & a Movie in Downtown Camas.
Carla Edwards Realtor will be sponsoring this event again this year with daily pie giveaways, pie gift card giveaways and other gift card giveaways for participating in the activities.
Other First Friday activities:
• Art receptions in Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar, and Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th, and after-hours shopping 5-8 p.m. and dining throughout town on First Friday
• Ribbon cutting and grand opening for Papermaker Pride at 5:30 p.m., 339 NE 4th
• The Liberty Theatre will be showing Home for the Holidays, which celebrates a 25th anniversary this year. It will be shown, Fri., Nov. 6 at 7:30 p.m., tickets are $5. There will also be a showing on Sunday.
• The Soap Chest will be celebrating its 5-year anniversary with specials
• FREE mini pies from Linda Huff State Farm in Downtown Camas during the day on First Friday
All the First Friday details and instructions can be found here: https://downtowncamas.com/event/november-first-friday-thankful-you and on the daily posts on the Downtown Camas First Friday page starting Sun., Nov. 1.
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop a sense of community and are being held partially virtually until fully in-person First Friday events are again possible.
Information provided by Downtown Camas Association.