Ogre and Donkey and the rest of the gang to be on stage
The big, bright beautiful world of an ogre is coming to a Vancouver stage, courtesy of Journey Theater.
With a cast featuring talented local youth, Shrek the Musical will hold opening night on Friday at Fort Vancouver High School.
That will be followed by two performances on Saturday, then three more shows the following weekend.
Shrek the Musical is the tale of an unlikely hero on a life-changing journey, with a donkey, to save a princess. That princess has an interesting story of her own. There is also a short-tempered bad guy, a cookie with an attitude, and more than a dozen fairy tale misfits.
Tickets are on sale now at journeytheater.org or by calling 360-750-8550. Adult tickets are $16. Children and senior citizens are $13. Tickets at the door are an extra $2.
Performances will be held:
- Friday, Nov. 18 at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 19 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 25 at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 26 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- RHS Knowledge Bowl team wins second consecutive state championshipThe Ridgefield High School Knowledge Bowl team placed first at the state competition in Wenatchee last week.
- First grade has a lot going on in Journey Theater’s ‘Junie B. Jones the Musical’Journey Theater is proud to present six performances of Junie B. Jones the Musical, with the first show Friday at Washougal High School.
- BG students with the Chief Umtuch DREAM Team meet with state legislators to discuss topics Impacting Washington youthOn March 6, students from the Chief Umtuch DREAM Team visited the Washington State Capitol in Olympia to meet with legislators to discuss important topics impacting students across Washington state.
- Battle Ground students raise funds for teen with heart conditionNine seniors from Battle Ground High School will take the stage later this month to display their talents and compete for the title of Best of BG. They’ll also be raising money for a great cause: supporting a local teen with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
- Student artwork on display at Washougal Youth Arts Month Gallery presented by Washougal School DistrictThe public is invited to view artwork by local students of all ages at Washougal Town Square in downtown Washougal on March 15-17 from 5-7 p.m. and March 18 from noon to 4 p.m.