Baby born with serious medical problems in a Portland children’s hospital
A Vancouver family is raising money to help offset medical and travel costs as their 7-month-old battles for her life in a Portland hospital.
Baby Ariella Rain was born at 30 weeks, weighing 1 pound, 5 ounces. She has a heart condition as well as pulmonary vein stenosis. In late October, she was diagnosed with RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) and bronchitis.
Today, she is a patient at OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital in Portland.
Mya Walker, Ariella’s mother, is staying at the hospital while Ariella’s father takes care of their 5-year-old child and travels back and forth from their Vancouver home. The family is hoping to raise $5,000 to help with Ariella’s medical costs, bills because Mya is not working right now, and food and gas as the family deals with the emergency.
To donate and for updates on Ariella’s battle, go to: https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for-ariella-rain
- Organizers send out Call for Arts prior to inaugural Vancouver Arts and Music FestivalVancouver Arts and Music Festival, presented by the city of Vancouver, Vancouver Symphony, and Columbia Arts Network, is looking for artists to display their work.
- Save the date for the fall Furry Friends auctionFurry Friends plans rock and roll-themed ‘HISS’ auction at Heathman Lodge on Sept. 16, seeking donations of high-value items like trips, experiences, and electronics, with all funds going towards cat rescue and care.
- Wonderful tribute: La Center Lions Club to receive international kindness awardLions Club International Foundation is giving out 30 Kindness Matters Awards this year worldwide, only six in the United States, and the La Center Lions Club, for its Wonderful Onesies Project, is one of the recipients
- Vancouver to host free music, movies and more this summerVancouver Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services has a full lineup of free events planned this summer featuring talented artists, blockbusters, and diverse local artists, offering a fantastic opportunity to connect with neighbors and celebrate the city’s vibrant culture and community spirit.
- Washougal Studio Artists Tour is Mother’s Day WeekendThe Washougal Studio Artists Tour is a two-day event that celebrates the heart of Washougal arts with a self-guided tour of nine studios, featuring 25 artists.