Area residents can learn how caregivers are creatively conducting outreach with older residents, families, friends, faith communities, and neighbors
VANCOUVER – The COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the challenges of connecting older adults to resources, information and each other. These connection challenges existed before the pandemic and will continue into the future. Learn how caregivers are creatively conducting outreach with older residents, families, friends, faith communities, and neighbors at the next meeting of the Commission on Aging, 4:30 p.m. Wed., Nov. 16.
Meeting guests include:
- Beth Sanders, LifeBio
- Claire Houlding, Three and Me
The Commission on Aging will also determine its key findings and recommendations from this year’s focus on Innovation through Connection and present its third annual Silver Citizen Award to Katlin Smith. The commission established the Silver Citizen Award program to recognize older adults who go above and beyond in service to the community.
Meetings are currently held in a hybrid format with both in-person and virtual participation options. Attend in the sixth-floor Hearing Room of the Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St., or join by phone or computer through information provided at: https://clark.wa.gov/community-planning/commission-aging-meetings.
The Commission on Aging, supported by the Clark County Council, is a nine-member volunteer group that implements the Aging Readiness Plan and provides leadership addressing needs of aging community members. For more about the commission, please visit www.clark.wa.gov/aging.
Commission meetings are carried on CVTV Channel 23/323 and online at www.cvtv.org. To see replay times, go to www.cvtv.org.
Information provided by Clark Co. WA Communications.
- Organizers send out Call for Arts prior to inaugural Vancouver Arts and Music FestivalVancouver Arts and Music Festival, presented by the city of Vancouver, Vancouver Symphony, and Columbia Arts Network, is looking for artists to display their work.
- Save the date for the fall Furry Friends auctionFurry Friends plans rock and roll-themed ‘HISS’ auction at Heathman Lodge on Sept. 16, seeking donations of high-value items like trips, experiences, and electronics, with all funds going towards cat rescue and care.
- Wonderful tribute: La Center Lions Club to receive international kindness awardLions Club International Foundation is giving out 30 Kindness Matters Awards this year worldwide, only six in the United States, and the La Center Lions Club, for its Wonderful Onesies Project, is one of the recipients
- Vancouver to host free music, movies and more this summerVancouver Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services has a full lineup of free events planned this summer featuring talented artists, blockbusters, and diverse local artists, offering a fantastic opportunity to connect with neighbors and celebrate the city’s vibrant culture and community spirit.
- Washougal Studio Artists Tour is Mother’s Day WeekendThe Washougal Studio Artists Tour is a two-day event that celebrates the heart of Washougal arts with a self-guided tour of nine studios, featuring 25 artists.